Recent content by Justinsmom

1. J

Help with Sputum Culture Results

I just got a copy of my 7 year old son's sputum culture report. His doctor is out of town, but was told they would watch it but no treatment now. My question is what does it mean? Heavy mixed respiratory flora at 3 days. Positive at 3 days. Org 1: Light Staphlococcus Aureus. Then it gives...
  2. J

mild staph

My seven year old son (diagnosed in Feb) just cultured mild staph after having symptoms with what was apparently a mucus plug. I was a little surprized that he cultured anything. He has, in the past, cultured h influenza and strep with minimal symptoms (bronchoscopy) and had 3 "pneumonias" that...
  3. J

Asthma or pneumonia???

Thank you to everyone who posted. His PFT's rose back up over 100%. Apparently, he had a mucus plug that he passed over the weekend. He had one day where he coughed quite a bit. That and the vest must have done it.
  4. J

Asthma or pneumonia???

This is all new to us in that my 7 year old son was recently diagnosed with CF (Feb of this year). I posted a few days ago about my son having pain in his lower left lung and back when doing his vest. I took him to his ped on Friday and they ran PFT's. His FVC went from 103% to 89% and his FEV...
  5. J

Pain while doing vest???

Thank you so much for your responses. I am keeping an eye out on this. Hard to keep up on so much and try to lead a "normal" life for him.
  6. J

Pain while doing vest???

Thanks! Do you know what causes the pain? Is it a sign of infection? He said he felt better by the end of the treatment, but had to stop it several times in the beginning. He will do almost anything to watch TV so I don't think he was faking the pain.
  7. J

Pain while doing vest???

Hi, My 7 year old son, who usually enjoys doing his vest treatment (chance to watch TV) compained today and cried that it really hurts him when it inflates and then when it runs its cycle. He was diagnosed in Feb. of this year and only been doing treatments since April after 4 lung infections in...
  8. J

Good Bye My Sweet Prince

Please know that you have been in my thoughts and prayers since I have read your post. I pray that God gives you the strength to get through this. I am so glad that he had a chance to become a full part of your wonderful family before he had to go home to God. Remember the angles will hold...
  9. J

Good Bye My Sweet Prince

Please know that you have been in my thoughts and prayers since I have read your post. I pray that God gives you the strength to get through this. I am so glad that he had a chance to become a full part of your wonderful family before he had to go home to God. Remember the angles will hold...
  10. J

UPDATE from APPT: 8 yo with pancreatic insufficiency, fighting for genetic sequencing

8 yo with pancreatic insufficiency, fighting for genetic sequencing Julie, My sone was 6 when he became PI. We were told the same thing, just short of turning 7. Our Pulm did not believe, eventhough he was following "as" because he had no lung involvement. This was August. By January they...
  11. J

Trachea Malacia

Hi, My son Justin had SEVERE laryngomalacia as a baby. He had 2 surgeries by 12 weeks to open up his airways. His would colapse and cause apnea with O2 drops and bradacardia all at the same time. He did outgrow it, although when he had his last bronchoscopy in March (7 1/2 years old) they...
  12. J

Trachea Malacia

Hi, My son Justin had SEVERE laryngomalacia as a baby. He had 2 surgeries by 12 weeks to open up his airways. His would colapse and cause apnea with O2 drops and bradacardia all at the same time. He did outgrow it, although when he had his last bronchoscopy in March (7 1/2 years old) they...
  13. J

Good Bye My Sweet Prince

I am so sorry to hear this. My prayers are with you and your family.
  14. J

Good Bye My Sweet Prince

I am so sorry to hear this. My prayers are with you and your family.
  15. J

advise please - 13yr old just over 7th pneumonia

My prayers are with you during your wait.