Recent content by KaiserWilly

1. K

What song do you relate your CF fight to

"Don't Fear the Reaper" by Blue Oyster Cult......I also have a 1972 Cadillac Hearse I want to trick out and during my recovery from my transplant I wore my "I'd rather be driving my hearse" shirt. My doctor asked me what it was about and I asked him "Would you rather drive it or ride in it". I...
  2. K

Turning 60 w/ CF

Happy Birthday Joni! I just saw this post and don't feel near so isolated. I will be 53 in February. Congrats and God Bless You with many more years. Do your best to be careful for the next 15 years so I can tell folks I know CFers that have reached a perfectly normal lifespan. God bless your...
  3. K

Turning 60 w/ CF

Happy Birthday Joni! I just saw this post and don't feel near so isolated. I will be 53 in February. Congrats and God Bless You with many more years. Do your best to be careful for the next 15 years so I can tell folks I know CFers that have reached a perfectly normal lifespan. God bless your...
  4. K

Husband is not sure he can handle the stresses of CF life...

I am sorry to hear of your loss. I had a transplant this past January. I was in the hospital for five months and my wife of fifteen years bailed on me and moved out of state to be with a friend. It would almost be better if she had left me for another man instead of just finding a place to stay...
  5. K

Husband is not sure he can handle the stresses of CF life...

I am sorry to hear of your loss. I had a transplant this past January. I was in the hospital for five months and my wife of fifteen years bailed on me and moved out of state to be with a friend. It would almost be better if she had left me for another man instead of just finding a place to stay...
  6. K

PFTs after transplant

My FEV1 was a slow starter but now I have continued to climb. I will be at 1 year on January 8 and my o2 sat level remains at between 94 and 100 %. Don't have my latest FEVs as I am currently moving to a new home. Take care of your lungs and follow your treatment teams advice and your life will...
  7. K

PFTs after transplant

My FEV1 was a slow starter but now I have continued to climb. I will be at 1 year on January 8 and my o2 sat level remains at between 94 and 100 %. Don't have my latest FEVs as I am currently moving to a new home. Take care of your lungs and follow your treatment teams advice and your life will...
  8. K

8 yr old son with missing vas deferens

So many respondants are correct in saying get the sweat test as soon as you can. I had only one vas deferens when my urologist went in to delete two vas deferens after my wife and I had two perfectly healthy (NO CF) children. He found one enlarged Vas Deferens and no sign of another. I have a...
  9. K

8 yr old son with missing vas deferens

So many respondants are correct in saying get the sweat test as soon as you can. I had only one vas deferens when my urologist went in to delete two vas deferens after my wife and I had two perfectly healthy (NO CF) children. He found one enlarged Vas Deferens and no sign of another. I have a...
  10. K

What do you do for your cf'r when her parent has given up?

Just because by accident of birth her mother is unable or unwilling to show backbone does not mean that through your connection she can not receive what she needs to see herself through these trials. It is VERY likely that the Mom has several dysfunctional feelings including depression, anxiety...
  11. K

What do you do for your cf'r when her parent has given up?

Just because by accident of birth her mother is unable or unwilling to show backbone does not mean that through your connection she can not receive what she needs to see herself through these trials. It is VERY likely that the Mom has several dysfunctional feelings including depression, anxiety...
  12. K

What do you wear in the hostpital?

I generally wear baggy bluejeans and some of my odd tee shirts such as my Vlad the Impaler tee or my "I'd rather be driving my hearse" tee. My doctor loves that shirt because when he first saw it he asked me about it and I told him that if he had to choose, would he rather drive or ride. Smiling...
  13. K

What do you wear in the hostpital?

I generally wear baggy bluejeans and some of my odd tee shirts such as my Vlad the Impaler tee or my "I'd rather be driving my hearse" tee. My doctor loves that shirt because when he first saw it he asked me about it and I told him that if he had to choose, would he rather drive or ride. Smiling...
  14. K

What is usually the cause of death for a CFer who has had a successful lung transplant?

What is usually the cause of death for a CFer who has had a successful lung transplant? I was told that a transplant doesn't cure your problems it just exchanges them for different problems. I have CF and am 52 years old. I was finally diagnosed at age 47 and had a double lung transplant on...
  15. K

Coughing stopped, strange feeling, no energy..what's going on?

Thanks everybody, That gives me something to work with. <b>I have actually made my hypertonic saline by using the device that measures salinity in saltwater aquariums. I start off with 9% and cut it with distilled water until I get it between 5 and 7 %. </b>It does help and I have not done that...