Recent content by kaylinsmom

1. K

9 years since borderline sweat & 1 gene mutation found. Retest??

Thank you for the replies. Her genetic testing was done through ambry or mayo. I can’t remember but it took forever because they tested for the first 100 and then tested for more with duplicates or something. Sorry, my memory is fuzzy after almost 10 years. I was just curious if there has...
  2. K

9 years since borderline sweat & 1 gene mutation found. Retest??

Hi, I’m back on here stalking all of the forums looking for answers. It’s been quite a while since I posted last. A quick refresher, my daughter had 2 sweat tests done in 2010 with results of 40 & 44. Genetic testing was done and showed the gene G576A and 7t,7t. She was followed by a...
  3. K

What does 7t, 7t mean? Also, advice on missing school.

Momofmia, Should I ask the pulmo about this as well? Does the school need something from the doctor to authorize this? Thanks for the info!
  4. K

Littlelab, you are obviously very intelligent and I appreciate your comments! Genetics, for me, are very hard to understand. I am learning more and more every day. I am so glad we have this site to help with all of our fears and questions. Thank you all for taking time out to comment! Any...
  5. K

candida kefyr

Yes, Kaylin had it in her esophagus. The pics looked horrible. She never complained! But , then again, she never does. I have had to learn how to tell when she is sick because she always says she is fine. I can't remember the medicine they put her on but it seems like it was a type of...
  6. K

candida kefyr

Kaylin grew this last year sometime. They put her on a medicine and I can't remember the name right now but it was found when they did an indoscopy. The pics showed all kinds of white "stuff" inside. It was shocking to see those pics. She has a hard time producing sputum to be cultured so we...
  7. K

Thank you for the advice. Josette, Kaylin has mostly lung issues. However, she is on nexium and miralax everyday. Her new complaint is headaches. She is PS although, I am not sure of the test they did to check. I remember taking in a stool sample and they said it came back ok. Thats interesting...
  8. K

We are still in limbo over my daughters diagnosis. We are waiting for PCD blood work to come back, as the biopsy was unconclusive. But as I was looking over some of the papers the doc handed me, I noticed they had put G576A, 7t,7t. I knew her mutation was G576A but was does the 7t, 7t mean? I...
  9. K

Welcome Ambry Genetics

Hi Steve, is there anything you can tell me about G576A? My daughter had a full panel test and that was the one mutation they found 2 years ago. Her sweat test was 44. Do you know if there have been any knew mutations found in the last couple of years? Just curious if the test should be done...
  10. K

Question about genetic testing

I will def. ask about that. Thanks so much!!
  11. K

Question about genetic testing

Hi, it has been a while since I have posted anything. A brief history on my almost 10 yr old, she started having problems around the age of 3 with asthma and coughing fits. At age 7 she got h1n1 and pnuemonia, hospitalized and got it 3 more times that year. The last 3 years she was on I dont...
  12. K

Advice for my 8 year old

Thank you all so much for the advice. I will be asking her pulmo about a sputum culture!! Right now she is coughing up yellow stuff (sorry tmi) so it may be good timing to see if it is anything. I really appreciate everyone of you and pray for a cure for this horrible disease.
  13. K

Advice for my 8 year old

Thank you all so much for the advice. I will be asking her pulmo about a sputum culture!! Right now she is coughing up yellow stuff (sorry tmi) so it may be good timing to see if it is anything. I really appreciate everyone of you and pray for a cure for this horrible disease.
  14. K

Advice for my 8 year old

15. K

Advice for my 8 year old

<P>Hello again. I know I probably complain alot but my 8 year old has had health problems for the past 2 years and the only thing that is improving is her asthma. Her fev's are the best they have been also but she is still having random fevers, cough that wont go away, stomach problems, sinus...