Recent content by Kelly87

1. K

Bit confused about Elastase vs sweat test

Thank you Ratatosk, He passed the newborn screening, but that "could be" because he seems to be Pancreas sufficient according to the recent test result at least. The confusing part is that they never called it 'Meconium Ileus' nor did he need surgery. It was solved through the use of an enema...
  2. K

Bit confused about Elastase vs sweat test

Would someone please help me with this doubt... With my 3-year-old son, I ended up at the pediatrician because of his low weight (13kg/99cm). There I expressed my concern about the possibility of CF, because of some symptoms (meconium only after 48 hours after enema, somewhat longer jaundice...
  3. K

New possible diagnosis

Last week the pediatrician ordered a stool examination to check the elastase. Last night she called to indicate that it gave a good result. She stated a value of around 400. I know that not all CF people suffer from a poorly functioning pancreas. But it is strange that this does not explain his...
  4. K

New possible diagnosis

Thank you. I pushed and we get a sweattest done next monday. I was wondering, in case there also needs to be done a DNA test, is that possible with saliva or do they need to take blood? They took blood the other day in the hospital for regular testing like iron levels and stuff so I would not...
  5. K

New possible diagnosis

Hey, I’m from the Netherlands so my apologies if my English isn’t so well. I have a question... My 3-year-old son will soon have an appointment at the pediatrician where I will express my concerns about possible CF, but I am looking for some information in advance. He was born at 36 weeks and...