Recent content by KingJames

1. K

New Clinic Issues With Admission

I left my old CF Clinic a while back because the great doctor who led the team, and whom I'd known my entire life, left the area. Subsequently, the adult program really left something to be desired there, and the situation became so bad that after months of phone calls and messages they've still...
  2. K

Tobi Prescription Roadblock, Please Help!

It's been a while, but the main reason I was prescribed it at the time was due to a minor level of infection regarding pseudo. Since then it's also saved me twice from pneumonia infections (Completely cleared it up both times). I will definitely check with the CF Pharmacy. Sometimes I...
  3. K

The funny thing is that my last two prescription refills were signed by my pediatrician of all people (Their entire practice became so close to me, that they acted as my GP until they retired). The one thing that's changed within the past year is my pharmacy, though, and it's been quite...
  4. K

For the longest time I had a Tobi nebulizer prescription with the understanding that I'd take a month long dose, followed by a month off, and go on it for a month again, etc. The pause times for treatment procedures was to not over tax my kidneys and so forth. However, the great doctor I once...
  5. K

Smoking Pot/RSO Oil

Any garbage you're introducing into your airways is bad, period. It's bad for a healthy person, and can be a death sentence for somebody with CF. If you must utilize any form of THC/CBD/etc., then at least do yourself a favor and never smoke it. Smoke = bad news for the airways of most living...
  6. K

Should Cystic Fibrosis be declared a disability?

Which disability declaration in particular are you most focused upon? In school, both public and college, I was covered under Federal Law (504). In the workplace we are backed by the EEOC, and the ADA covers us there and elsewhere. I'm simply trying to clarify the focus so I can understand it...
  7. K

Who will join me in supporting Sarah Murnaghan?

Serious question here: What sort of feasibility is there in her parents/family members/strangers donating lobes of their own lungs towards her? I know that it has in fact been successfully accomplished before, and I'm genuinely curious about that being used as a last-ditch effort in this case.
  8. K

excessive underarm perspiration

One of the things that caused me to sweat excessively in that area was having taken too many decongestants (Including a once daily Allegra-D, and other over the counter meds). I have been a regular user of Allegra (Non-decongestant) for the past couple of years, and I really don't have the...
  9. K

Any family from PAKISTAN here?

I am not from Pakistan, but the majority of my friends are. What part of the country do you hail from?
  10. K

65 Redroses documentary

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>hannahfstaloch</b></i> I'd love to see this documentary- I'm currently studying in Argentina, though, with no access to the Oprah Winfrey Network. Does any one know if there is a way I can watch it while I'm here? Thanks so much!</end...
  11. K

65 Redroses documentary

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>hannahfstaloch</b></i> I'd love to see this documentary- I'm currently studying in Argentina, though, with no access to the Oprah Winfrey Network. Does any one know if there is a way I can watch it while I'm here? Thanks so much!</end...
  12. K

Sleep Issues

If given the opportunity to do so,I could sleep forever, and so you can basically call me Rip Van Winkle, lol. In high school I hated having to get up every single day at no later than 5 AM, and I usually went through the day with five hours of sleep max, so I would always take a nap when I got...
  13. K

Sleep Issues

If given the opportunity to do so,I could sleep forever, and so you can basically call me Rip Van Winkle, lol. In high school I hated having to get up every single day at no later than 5 AM, and I usually went through the day with five hours of sleep max, so I would always take a nap when I got...
  14. K

770 approved!!!!!!!!!

Awesome jessykt, please keep us informed upon your progress!
  15. K

770 approved!!!!!!!!!

Awesome jessykt, please keep us informed upon your progress!