Recent content by kitomd21

1. K

NoExcuses?

Haven't posted in quite sometime...wondering if anyone knows what happened to member name NoExcuses?
  2. K

Sinus Infections - a New Development

We use the NeilMed bottle (http://www.neilmed.com/usa/sinusrinse_isotonic.php). We chose this method of flushing because it's easy and the bottle can be sterlized. I have concerns about the Waterpik being adequately cleaned between uses...but I may be wrong. DD's RT suggested sinus rinses (she...
  3. K

CF Kids and Pets?

DS is 4.5 yrs old...we have five cats and two dogs. :)
  4. K

Clubbed Fingers and/or nails

DD has had clubbing since birth...she's too young for PFTs (4.5 yrs old), so I can't share clubbing in relation to dz stage. Hypoxia in her case cannot be the sole cause as it's been present since birth...there are others on this site that have had clubbing since childhood that have high...
  5. K

baby care for a cfer

Sarah - I totally agree with you. There can be great variation between centers. This was the case with DD and UCD compared to Sutter. Truly reactive vs. proactive approach.
  6. K

Simply saline spray question

I'd invest in a NeilMed flushing system. We use it for DD...the water is sterilized prior to use then you mix the water with a NeilMed packet. I don't know much about Simply Saline, but I think there is less concern for infection/contamination when using NeilMed....
  7. K

How long did it take to get approved for the vest?

Never was approved by insurance...actually, I think they covered around $1000. But - better than nothing! Crazy.
  8. K

Possible Meconium Ileus update

Good news!
  9. K

share your information about pancreatic enzymes

Definitely pay attention to her stools as she gets older and starts to eat more varied foods. With respect to listening to your CF center - make sure you do your fair share of research. Ask questions here...you'll be surprised at how much variation there can be between centers. In the case of my...
  10. K

Hemoptysis - four year old

Thank you.:)
  11. K

Comeback

Thanks for coming back. I, too, just learned of Vlad's passing. I didn't know he had become so ill. I had a difficult time visiting the forums after Mel passed away...she was someone I looked to when thinking of my daughter (diagnosed at birth). Looking forward to hearing more from you. Take care...
  12. K

throwing up with cough

This was DD when she was young - strong gag reflex. She didn't get into solids until around 3 1/2 (and were still only at the snacking level). When ill, she occasionally coughs, gags, and vomits. It has subsided a lot from what it used to be. :)
  13. K

Her XRAY essentially showed bronchitis...and "changes consistent with cystic fibrosis". Love when they add that last part. Her cough it pretty much nonexistent now....
  14. K

Thanks everyone. The plan is to stop airway clearance for two days. Xray and culture ordered...rx'd Augmentin....
  15. K

Thanks, Bill. Yes...stressing here. :)