Recent content by kiwilady

1. K

Hurricane

A big "hello" Jane from across the oceans. Thinking of you, and all those who have been in the eye of the devastating storm. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. Eileen.
  2. K

CHAT TONIGHT !

Am in the chat room & it's empty! 2pm Thurs. 12th July. Cheers Eileen.
  3. K

What year were you diagnosed?

Hello Dale I was finally diagnosed in 1989, aged 37yrs. The original sweat test [when I was 19] was equivocal, despite having repetitive chest infections and nasal polyp surgeries. I had an older sister and younger bro who were diagnosed in infancy, during the early 50's, when life expectancy...
  4. K

Leaving

Jonathon & Frank, I have truly enjoyed reading your many posts. I am hoping your health has not taken a plunge through this recent fiasco! You both need your strength now to move onwards and upwards. Stay strong, good luck with your future endeavours. Cheers Eileen.
  5. K

Read this! Aggressive antibiotic treatments may not always be the best answer

The subject of this topic does not surprise me. I support what Sarajerome states, listen to your body and recognise the signs of an exacerbation that may only need an increased course of oral A/Bs, not IV drugs. For many years I have started a combo/course of oral A/Bs that I know have the...
  6. K

Read this! Aggressive antibiotic treatments may not always be the best answer

The subject of this topic does not surprise me. I support what Sarajerome states, listen to your body and recognise the signs of an exacerbation that may only need an increased course of oral A/Bs, not IV drugs. For many years I have started a combo/course of oral A/Bs that I know have the...
  7. K

Jerry Cahill is in for lungs for real this time!

That's great news Incomudrox. Jerry has an amazing attitude to life. All the very best for a changed future! Cheers Eileen
  8. K

Jerry Cahill is in for lungs for real this time!

That's great news Incomudrox. Jerry has an amazing attitude to life. All the very best for a changed future! Cheers Eileen
  9. K

Reeling tonight

Tom, I read your post with sadness, the anguish you and your loved ones are feeling will be so very hard to deal with. It's a road no Parent would wish to travel. I am sending you strength and prayers across the many oceans. Eileen.
  10. K

Reeling tonight

Tom, I read your post with sadness, the anguish you and your loved ones are feeling will be so very hard to deal with. It's a road no Parent would wish to travel. I am sending you strength and prayers across the many oceans. Eileen.
  11. K

Supporting someone DX later in life

Hello, After many years of escaping the final diagnosis, a more vigilant General Practitioner questioned my more frequent visits to his surgery. It wasn't just because I found him to be a hunky guy! This good Doc queried my family history, my countless chest infections and nasal polyp ops. He...
  12. K

Supporting someone DX later in life

Hello, After many years of escaping the final diagnosis, a more vigilant General Practitioner questioned my more frequent visits to his surgery. It wasn't just because I found him to be a hunky guy! This good Doc queried my family history, my countless chest infections and nasal polyp ops. He...
  13. K

What song do you relate your CF fight to

Hello Gregory, it has been fun reading the responses. I share Ellie's favourite, 'The Climb', sung by Miley Cyrus. {She wrote this song after losing a good friend to CF}. The lyrics are truly inspirational, ......"I won't let anything or anyone get in my way, or bring me down. I will keep...
  14. K

My Mom...

I am sorry to read of your Mum's decision Terri, our Mum's are so very special! Thinking of you both. Eileen. xx
  15. K

My Mom...

I am sorry to read of your Mum's decision Terri, our Mum's are so very special! Thinking of you both. Eileen. xx