Recent content by kmaried

1. K

Excellent Presentation on Muscle Loss & CF - I think a must read

I would love to see the presentation! I sent you a pm with my email address.
  2. K

CF Caregivers Survey

If there are any CF CAREGIVERS out there that want to earn $150 for a 90 minute survey, please let me know! You have to be willing to go to NYC on Monday, June 10th sometime between 7am - 8:30pm for the survey. Thanks!!
  3. K

Cf and kidney stones

Kmhbeauty - I had the lithotripsy (sonic waves), and it was such an easy procedure! And - it put me out of pain so fast... you're going to wish you had it earlier. I personally had mine on a Saturday morning, so I didn't need any time off of work. They didn't put me out under general...
  4. K

Leaving

Hi Lauren, I agree with a lot that you have said. One question though; I have pasted the terms of membership you sign when you join below. I'm not trying to argue with you, and have deep personal respect for you, but I honestly don't understand where posting a facebook page violates the Terms...
  5. K

Leaving

Havoc, Incomudrox, etc. - In the meantime, have you considered cf2chat.com? That is another forum available now. It is for CFers, run by CFers.
  6. K

any parents out there dealing with CF adult children that have given up

Hi. I'm 30 with CF. I feel for your son so much. Quick question first - why did losing more of his colon cause him to have to drop out of school? Was it pain? Or just gastro-intestinal issues? I have a unique perspective on this because I have CF, and have recently been dealing with my...
  7. K

hemoptysis from flying?

This ALWAYS happens to me. I almost expect it now - first night in a hotel room after flying. Always kinda freaks me out, too - because I'm away from home, and sometimes alone (if I'm travelling for business). I suspect for me, it's the dry air in the airplane...
  8. K

hemoptysis from flying?

This ALWAYS happens to me. I almost expect it now - first night in a hotel room after flying. Always kinda freaks me out, too - because I'm away from home, and sometimes alone (if I'm travelling for business). I suspect for me, it's the dry air in the airplane...
  9. K

first episode of hemoptysis

Hey - A few things - - easier said than done, but when you have a bleed try not to panic. It only raises your blood pressure and makes you bleed more! I also try to stay very still. I don't want to move around and provoke a cough which could increase bleeding. - I've definitely had them...
  10. K

first episode of hemoptysis

Hey - A few things - - easier said than done, but when you have a bleed try not to panic. It only raises your blood pressure and makes you bleed more! I also try to stay very still. I don't want to move around and provoke a cough which could increase bleeding. - I've definitely had them...
  11. K

Adults diagnosed in their 50's?

Very cool, Bill! I never thought of it that way... that the CF could be the same, but something else is offsetting it somewhat. I hope they learn something!
  12. K

Very cool, Bill! I never thought of it that way... that the CF could be the same, but something else is offsetting it somewhat. I hope they learn something!
  13. K

Interviews for book about chronic disease

Hi Mark - I'd be willing to help out. I do have Skype, but my webcam might be broken (have to test it out). If not, maybe I can use my husband's computer. I'm 29, but turn 30 April 8th. My email - kristin.m.dunn@gmail.com Kris
  14. K

Interviews for book about chronic disease

Hi Mark - I'd be willing to help out. I do have Skype, but my webcam might be broken (have to test it out). If not, maybe I can use my husband's computer. I'm 29, but turn 30 April 8th. My email - kristin.m.dunn@gmail.com Kris
  15. K

Hi! I'm not a late diagnosis, and I'm only 29. BUT, I just wanted to say that there is a lot of hope with proper treatment you will not experience the constant lung and sinus infections you have had for the previous 3 years. Hypertonic Saline particularly, helped me immensely (of course...