Recent content by kristenj

1. K

Surprising Results with Essential Oils! Give it a Go!

Hi Saltyone or anyone else who's come across this, I've been diffusing for a few months now, mostly breathe, eucalyptus, melaleuca, and on guard. I am starting a round of Cayston and was wondering if you are continuing to diffuse even while on inhaled antibiotics. I wasn't sure if the oils...
  2. K

Mark, My CF doctors did not recommend nebulized the oils directly...I have heard from others that they can be more irritating that way. I've been diffusing in an Aroma Ace diffuser. Not sure what other people have experienced with this. My lungs are ultra sensitive so I was afraid to nebulize...
  3. K

Hi Saltyone! Thanks for the encouragement! I haven't nebulized the oils because I don't think my lungs could handle it. I do have eucalyptus radiata. I started with that one because I thougot it might be the least irritating. Good news is that last night was night #3 and this morning my...
  4. K

Thanks Saltyone! I'm trying not to get discouraged. Seems every little thing makes my lungs bleed:(. I was kind of afraid to try lemongrass because I thought I remembered you saying it was more irritating....? As far as the eucalyptus goes, I actually feel more congested and tight chest than...
  5. K

Hey everyone, we'll I've started my diffusing oils experiment! So far I've only been diffusing eucalyptus (15 drops of oil with 2/3 bottle of distilled h20, 5 minutes on, 15 minutes off in the Aroma Ace Diffuser). Has anyone noticed irritation at first? It's only been one night so I want to...
  6. K

One more quick question, do you run your Ace all night...maybe I missed that detail in a previous post.
  7. K

Thanks! I'm excited to try now. I tolerated HS for years but it has really been too irritating for me lately. I cut down to 1/2 a vial of 3% 2× a day and that seems to be okay. I'm on Flovent too which has made me bleed before also. Anyway, quick question on your Thieves oil... What oils are in...
  8. K

Hi Salty One! First of all just want to thank you so much for sharing your experience!!!! I've been using do terra oils for about a year but only topically. I also have an Aroma Ace and a Whisper diffuser. I haven't gotten enough nerve up to try diffusing yet because I have lung bleeds from...
  9. K

Food Allergies - I am becoming allergic to EVERYTHING!

http://store.healthcoach7.com/prestashop/product.php?id_product=11 (Microflora) http://www.bio-genesis.com/productpages/intestinal-repair-complex/intestinal-repair-complex.html (Intestinal Repair Complex) You can probably find it cheapest on Pure Formulas.com or Amazon...
  10. K

Food Allergies - I am becoming allergic to EVERYTHING!

Hi Mrkdale, It is SO FRUSTRATING to have so many food allergies and I can definitely relate. I started to see a naturopath to address mine and it was very helpful. I have been walking the road of blending naturopathic medicine with conventional medicine for many years now. It may be possible...
  11. K

Tobi Pod-haler! How to use Tobi pod-haler and personal experience

Mom of cf princess, I am so sorry to hear this news!!!! I can tell you that I do think I am improving some in terms of the tightness in my chest and the feeling of not being able to take a deep breath as if there is a band around my chest. I too was on the tobi podhaler for three weeks until...
  12. K

Hi keefer 11, sorry it took so long for me to respond...I went on the tobi pod haler at the beginning of July. I still have not gotten my full lung function back and the tightness I think is getting better but it has been very slow. I will retest on Friday and let you know how it goes. Hope...
  13. K

I am so sorry to hear that she is experiencing this as well. The doctors told me that the effects should have worn off by now. All I know is that I haven't been the same since I was on it. I am glad you pulled her off it right away! I stayed on it for way too long trying to deal with what I...
  14. K

By the way, the gal who did the video did a great job:)
  15. K

I just had the most miserable experience with Tobi Podhaler! I felt so horrible on it and I tried to continue because I thought it was just side effects but my lung functions have dropped 11% in one month after using it and the effects still haven't worn off like my doctor thought they would...