Recent content by Krysm3

1. K

Would you Recommend the Vest?

Hi! So I got a vest last year at the urging of my cf center doctor and didn’t find much relief from it. In fact, my husband performing manual cpt works better than the vest for me. I also got a Vibralung last year and I LOVE it!!!! I did not like it the first week haha but it works so much...
  2. K

Disability

Has anyone gone through compass attorneys to file for disability and been denied?
  3. K

Unvaccinated child in school class - help

An unvaccinated child is not just walking around carrying diseases. You should be more concerned with the recently vaccinated children around your son shedding the live virus. If your child is vaccinated and vaccines work, your son should be fine. Just know that as far as respiratory, pertussis...
  4. K

Want to hear from pancreatic sufficient cfers.

For me, it wasn’t a lack of interest in determining what cf mutations I am. I was diagnosed 4 years ago (and had zero symptoms until 5 yrs ago) and this is the first time I’ve heard that there were mutations. ? Thanks for the links. I find it all very interesting.
  5. K

Want to hear from pancreatic sufficient cfers.

I am pancreatic sufficient. I’m not sure what class 1/2 mutation is though Edited to add: ok, I am class II mutation and class IV
  6. K

Insurance vest coverage

Thank you! They haven’t denied it though, but since it’s out of network, we have to meet the high deductible before there is any coverage, so I don’t think we would have to appeal?
  7. K

Insurance vest coverage

Has anyone had luck with BCBS and a vest company being considered in network? I need a vest (I’ve never had one) and the 2 companies I was working with are considered out of network and the price OOP is very high. I haven’t been able to work, so I can’t exactly afford the $4000 price tag right...
  8. K

Kalydeco sweat test and sodium chloride

My sweat test was normal from the start...I was diagnosed in my late 20’s and I’ve been on sodium chloride from the beginning. Not for the salt content, but to “moisten” the mucus.
  9. K

pseudomonas aeruginosa infection but not CF?

You can get pseudomonas with no underlying issues...from what I understand, it's not common, but it happens
  10. K

Aerobika Therapy

I use a Pulmomate? Nebulizer...it's kinda big. I also use hypertonic saline and it takes about 10minutes to nebulize!
  11. K

Recently diagnosed at 31

It's definitely in my lungs =). It's a deep hard cough. I broke a rib from coughing at the beginning of all of this =)
  12. K

Aerobika Therapy

I was given an aerobika from my clinic a few months ago and I LOVE it! I attach it to my nebulizer cup when I'm nebulizing my saline. I haven't had a problem with hoses popping off.
  13. K

Recently diagnosed at 31

Yes, just from my lungs and I can feel it too. Everything else has been clear and I've never had sinus issues either.
  14. K

Recently diagnosed at 31

Oh wow! My sputum culture after my picc line last summer came back negative, but I have been coughing non stop since I was infected with pseudomonas in December 2012. It's not nearly as bad as it was, but it's a lot of productive coughing.
  15. K

Recently diagnosed at 31

Exercise has worked best for me. UNC put me on a regimine of running daily, but the days I can't, I nebulize saline. mayo gave me an acapella, but it didn't do much. UNC gave me an Aerobika and I love it! I have no vitamin deficiencies and my pancreas is working normally. Mayo clinic did do a...