Recent content by ktsmom

1. K

Red tide study and CF

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Jeana</b></i> <b>Initial research shows that Brevenal is 1 million times more effective at treating cystic fibrosis than current drugs</b>."</end quote></div> To put this in perspective, a 2004 press release about the beginning of...
  2. K

Red tide study and CF

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Jeana</b></i> <b>Initial research shows that Brevenal is 1 million times more effective at treating cystic fibrosis than current drugs</b>."</end quote> To put this in perspective, a 2004 press release about the beginning of this...
  3. K

Red tide study and CF

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Jeana</b></i> <br /> <br /><b>Initial research shows that Brevenal is 1 million times more effective at treating cystic fibrosis than current drugs</b>."</end quote> <br /> <br />To put this in perspective, a 2004 press release about...
  4. K

Bob Beall, CEO of CF Foundation

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>hmw</b></i> What does THIS mean, in comparison? "In addition, people treated with VX-770 experienced a 16.7 percent <i>relative mean improvement in lung function from baseline compared to placebo</i>." Statistically speaking...
  5. K

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>hmw</b></i> What does THIS mean, in comparison? "In addition, people treated with VX-770 experienced a 16.7 percent <i>relative mean improvement in lung function from baseline compared to placebo</i>." Statistically speaking...
  6. K

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>hmw</b></i> <br /> <br />What does THIS mean, in comparison? "In addition, people treated with VX-770 experienced a 16.7 percent <i>relative mean improvement in lung function from baseline compared to placebo</i>." <br /> <br />...
  7. K

Fun Way to teach kids about CF?

Its been 4 years so I don't remember all the details - if you like the idea you might practice it first! I took a large white poster board and cut it in half. Drew an outline of lungs on each one. Put strips of double-sided scotch tape on the "CF" lungs. Use craft pom-poms as Germs. Hold...
  8. K

Its been 4 years so I don't remember all the details - if you like the idea you might practice it first! I took a large white poster board and cut it in half. Drew an outline of lungs on each one. Put strips of double-sided scotch tape on the "CF" lungs. Use craft pom-poms as Germs. Hold...
  9. K

Its been 4 years so I don't remember all the details - if you like the idea you might practice it first! I took a large white poster board and cut it in half. Drew an outline of lungs on each one. Put strips of double-sided scotch tape on the "CF" lungs. <br /> <br />Use craft pom-poms as...
  10. K

Please Help

Harriett's list is great, and then to expand upon Craig's question - is there a specific genotype(s) that would warrant an "atypical" label? Consider an infant with DF508 and RH117 (7T) and borderline sweat test who was tentatively diagnosed with "CFMS" or CF Metabolic Syndrome. The CF...
  11. K

Please Help

Harriett's list is great, and then to expand upon Craig's question - is there a specific genotype(s) that would warrant an "atypical" label? Consider an infant with DF508 and RH117 (7T) and borderline sweat test who was tentatively diagnosed with "CFMS" or CF Metabolic Syndrome. The CF...
  12. K

Please Help

Harriett's list is great, and then to expand upon Craig's question - is there a specific genotype(s) that would warrant an "atypical" label? <br /> <br />Consider an infant with DF508 and RH117 (7T) and borderline sweat test who was tentatively diagnosed with "CFMS" or CF Metabolic Syndrome...
  13. K

message of hope for you all from my son

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Kristen</b></i> I've seen a lot of discussion about 770 for G551D and DF508, but has there been any other discussion about how it may work for other mutations? G551D is a class III mutation, right? So, would 770 work for other class...
  14. K

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Kristen</b></i> I've seen a lot of discussion about 770 for G551D and DF508, but has there been any other discussion about how it may work for other mutations? G551D is a class III mutation, right? So, would 770 work for other class...
  15. K

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Kristen</b></i> <br /> <br />I've seen a lot of discussion about 770 for G551D and DF508, but has there been any other discussion about how it may work for other mutations? G551D is a class III mutation, right? So, would 770 work for...