Recent content by LKBamberg

1. L

Regenocyte

Hello. I've had 2 phone consultations with Dr Zannos Grekos. He has had a checkered past and has lost his medical license after performing non-FDA approved procedures in Florida. Currently does his work in the DR. But he seems sincere. I've also talked to Angelo who's had the treatment twice...
  2. L

Fungal cultures

Anyone culturing Candida albicans ? what does that do? How harmful is that?
  3. L

Anyone else HATE dealing with insurance?

Because I'm under medicaid, I do not qualify for the live to thrive program.
  4. L

Anyone else HATE dealing with insurance?

Hey Jason, I know how you feel. My insurance just canceled my boost. Sigh. For situations like this I always try to stock up. I just exaggerate how much I'm taking. I tell my doc: I'm doing albuterol 4x/day, not 3. I need 8 caps a meal, 5 meals a day. Stuff like that. I try to have 2-3 months...
  5. L

Phage against pseudomonas staphylocoque aureus

Ray-- My research includes direct communcation with a clinic in Georgia, reading countless scientific papers (my background is in biochemistry and biology), speaking with a researcher in Washington who is doing work with phages on an academic level, and a physician treating patients with it :)...
  6. L

Anyone live in Detroit?

I'm looking to temporarily relocate to help build a new community of people...take advantage of the crisis and reclaim the city before the condos start popping up and we go back to the old ways of doing things. Currently in Portland OR. But I'm wondering if anyone with CF is there. I hear the...
  7. L

Hello all! I'm happy to report that I am currently on phage therapy, and WOW I couldn't have imagined better results. I'm getting my PFT's chekced in a few days to see if my lung function goes up; even if it doesn't, I gotta say, I'm quite happy with the amazing increase in my energy and...
  8. L

CF and discrimination?

I've been fired twice from professional jobs. The circumstances were so identical it was undoubtedly discrimination.
  9. L

CF Patient needing funding

Hello all, We are friends and roommates of Lief Bamberg, cystic fibrosis patient in Portland, OR. He was recently hospitalized and didn't respond well to antibiotics. We've started a fundraiser for him to get this treatment. You can find the link here! Please spread the word...
  10. L

Powerlifting

It's better than bodybuilding. I'm doing starting strength. I've gained 15 lbs in 3 months. I've had a history of fitness my whole life. I'm now 6', 160 lbs. ALl indications is that this progress will continue. And my lung function has stabalized for the last year as well. Seriously...
  11. L

Patient activism and crowd sourcing for new medicine.

That's awesome bookworm. I'll look into that. WHen I contacted CFF, they said they were unaware of any phage studies being conducted. Thanks for the tip.
  12. L

Patient activism and crowd sourcing for new medicine.

Hello all. I've been doing a lot of research on bactiophage therapy. Check out these links if you are unfamiliar. http://www.phmd.pl/fulltxthtml.php?ICID=495359#ref2 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3278648/ http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18541414...
  13. L

Is Texas a good state to live in with CF, are Insurance and CF Hospitals/Centers good

I lived in Texas for 15 years. I went to Ft Worth, Austin, and Dallas clinics. Dallas clinics are pretty terrible. Austin is way better. I was too young to remember Ft Worth. But insurance is a nightmare in Texas. If you're on medicaid, their coverage is pretty slim. I moved to Portland, and...
  14. L

Do you play an instrument?

I play bluegrass, do a lot of strumming with modern songs, and am I'm currently learning clawhammer on the banjo. I think my main focus on the trombone will be classical and jazz. And to leecee, I wouldn't worry about the reed. If she likes the clarinet, she should play it. If you're worried...
  15. L

I am also looking into it. My doc's are kinda resistant to it. But I think it will be very effective! I say keep up the search.