Recent content by LReyome28

1. L

Delta F508 & G542X

Only somewhere around 3% according to a Facebook post from the CF site
  2. L

First Time Getting a Port - Looking for Info

I have had mine since March of 2013 and I made the decision to no longer do volleyball for Special Olympics. When it is accessed in the hospital, I try to get my friends to not hug me so tight, and I need a towel to use my Vest (I still have the older full vest model). The reason why I got mine...
  3. L

Delta F508 & G542X

Anyone have this combination that is supposed to be a rare one?
  4. L

NewER App for Home Spirometry

Wheres the app?
  5. L

NewER App for Home Spirometry

I have an iPod Touch, but I can still email results from using this if I get it, and if it works with iPod Touch. A lot of medical apps out there need you to have an iPhone instead.
  6. L

help GAINING WEIGHT

When I was in for my previous exacerbation related to pneumonia and sepsis, since Baystate allows you to order your meals through a program they use called Room Service Meals, I was having them pile on the food using the doctors order for double portions. When I was transferred to Kindred Park...
  7. L

Pulmozyme in AM or PM?

After this recent admission, because of the severity of how this one happened (pneumonia and sepsis), I am now doing it twice a day. So far I have had a lot less coughing during the day and not having to cough during the night because of it, but that also may be because of other factors like the...
  8. L

help GAINING WEIGHT

I am going to be speaking to my CF doctor about Opt2Thrive, I have already been emailing them about insurance coverage, and they have volunteered to help me with that if I can get a prescription from my CF doctor.
  9. L

Obama & Healthcare

This is "supposedly" the month where the Supreme Court votes on ObamaCare
  10. L

Obama & Healthcare

We <em>could </em>have sociallized healthcare, but one of the reasons I do not see it happening is too many of the health insurance providers here in the US are so afraid that it would make them lose money, same with the doctors.
  11. L

Pari neb compressor

Me, I just need a quieter one LOL. I have to crank up my TV just to hear it, and no it does not have headphone jack. Plus I cannot hear when I am being called downstairs while I am doing it, which has led to more then one time of issues.
  12. L

MRSA

Meth Resistance Staph Aureus, I had it back in the late 90s. It really did not affect any interaction in public except I had to limit myself on how much kissing I did, and when I was in the hospital, I was in precautionary isolation, meaning I could not leave my room, was required to have a...
  13. L

Obama & Healthcare

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Printer</b></i> Roe Roberts, you could not be more correct. The House of Representatives, along with the drug companies wrote this bill. It may not be perfect but it is a big step in that direction. In Massachusetts, we are...
  14. L

Dating someone with cf

I had a friend on here named Lexi, from Ohio. She also had CF and for a time I wished I could be dating her. Instead I had to listen to some of her stories about one time having a boyfriend who wanted her to live the Amish lifestyle, which is not compatible with CF, and getting very sick and...
  15. L

Dental problems caused by cf?

I have had my wisdom teeth removed (they were crooked and I even had a supernumer) and have early stages of paradontal disease, mainly because of inhalation treatments and mucus coming up and me not getting a chance to spit it out whenever it comes up, so it retreats Also what I hate about...