Recent content by momofcfprincess

1. M

Enterovirus 68 and Cystic Fibrosis

My daughter just started public school after always being homeschooled. Her Lung function is 45% at best. Now I am hearing about this new virus hitting the US and am very frightened. What is your thoughts about this virus and CF? Has your doctors said anything regarding it? Thank you
  2. M

Soil and CF?

What are your thoughts on being around soil, sandboxes, gardens? Thank you
  3. M

Medication reaction

My DD had a horrible reaction to Zosyn. Her body was covered in a rash...every inch of her body was covered in a rash, it was horrible. I hope that the reaction was caught early in your daughter's case. It's so hard when the medicine causes even more problems than they already have.
  4. M

Dental surgery and antibiotics

My 14 year old DD, will be having a small dental surgery in which they will be pulling 2 teeth. I was wondering about the need to start antibiotics before or after surgery?? The nurse had mentioned it, but wanted to ask you guys and her CF doctor if it is needed? She has cultured MSSA and MRSA...
  5. M

hiccups and throat

Hi, I was wondering if any of you have experienced hiccups or a feeling of something stuck in the throat? My 14 year old daughter keeps getting hiccups and she said it feels like there is something stuck in her throat. She says it is just a real annoying feeling, like she needs to burp but...
  6. M

hiccups and throat

Thank you CFjeff for the detailed information. I will give it a try. Thank you for your time.
  7. M

hiccups and throat

Hi, I was wondering if any of you have experienced hiccups or a feeling of something stuck in the throat? My 14 year old daughter keeps getting hiccups and she said it feels like there is something stuck in her throat. We first thought it was indigestion but wont go away. Thanks for your help!
  8. M

Bacterial infection question

Your not alone! There are many of ups and downs with CF! My daughter has never cultured it again since 2007 after we found and treated it. She has been on inhaled antibiotics since then and on numerous oral and IV antibiotics. (I like your name too! Our princesses!)
  9. M

Bacterial infection question

My daughter is 14 years old. Back in 2007 my daughter also cultured Myco Absc. She was started on IV meds and did them until her body started having an allergic reaction to them (about 6 weeks). I would not be worried about taking so many antibiotics. It is important to not let the bacteria...
  10. M

TOBI Podhaler

My daughter had to stop because it made her so tight and cough. We took her to doctor and lung function was down to 34% and blood oxygen levels were 86% . Her blood oxygen has never been that low and this is the first time she's ever needed oxygen. Don't know if it was because of tobi ph or just...
  11. M

Atypical Mycobacterium Abscessus Advice

Hi Im sorry your daughter is having so much trouble with the myco abscesses. In 2007 my daughter also cultured myco found during a bronchoscopy. She was referred to a infectious disease doctor and treated with IV meds for 6 weeks.The doctor took her off zithromycin because he said you shouldn't...
  12. M

Atypical Mycobacterium Abscessus Advice

sent you a PM
  13. M

Tobi Pod-haler! How to use Tobi pod-haler and personal experience

My daughter is the one who posted the video, she had to stop because it made her so tight and cough. We took her to doctor and lung function was down to 34% and blood oxygen levels were 86% . Her blood oxygen has never been that low and this is the first time she's ever needed oxygen. Don't...
  14. M

Tobi Pod-haler! How to use Tobi pod-haler and personal experience

My daughter who made the video just had to stop the Tobi pod healer because she was coughing to much and making her chest tight. Will talk to her doctor to see if she should continue or not.
  15. M

Rash after DC Antibuotics?

This happened to my daughter a few years back.....serum sickness. There was nothing that could be done except oatmeal baths and let it run its course. I am sorry you are going through this, I remember how itchy my daughter was.