Recent content by mstehlin

1. M

2789+5G->A mutation

My wife has 2789+5G->A and D508. She is 45, mother of 2 and relatively healthy until the past several years. Now on O2 continuously and hospitalized 4+ times a year. Has been evaluated for possible transplant. She has 2 brothers with the same mutation who have far fewer symptoms.
  2. M

Coffee

Coffee can also increase reflux which can result in gastric acid getting into the lungs
  3. M

My blog and a question for everyone

My wife has CF and we lived with cats for many years. We did not think that the cats affected her health at all. However, now we have no cats and she is doing better and we have much less stress about cleaning up after them all the time. The cats just were not worth all the hassle and...
  4. M

Moving to Hawaii

What city would have the best combination of good CF center, and good weather? A transplant center nearby would be a plus too.
  5. M

When to get a PORT

I've been wondering the same thing. My wife has CF and has resisted getting a port... she is fine with getting a pic line when needed. I was wondering if it is easier to take a shower with a port. When the port is accessed, is it accessed continually for 2 weeks?
  6. M

Men with CF

The child they conceive could grow up to cure CF. Anyway, what are people for? Is a damaged life not worth living? My wife has CF and gave birth to 2 beautiful children, who are carriers. It is worth it.
  7. M

Men with CF

The child they conceive could grow up to cure CF. Anyway, what are people for? Is a damaged life not worth living? My wife has CF and gave birth to 2 beautiful children, who are carriers. It is worth it.
  8. M

Men with CF

9. M

CFers over 40

Hello, I am 41, mother of two, ages 10 and 7. Married 15 years. Diagnosed at 3 years. Pancreatic sufficient. FEV1 in the 50s. Work part time nights and weekends. Avoiding getting on the treadmill by reading all these posts. Got to get to it! Catherine
  10. M

CFers over 40

Hello, I am 41, mother of two, ages 10 and 7. Married 15 years. Diagnosed at 3 years. Pancreatic sufficient. FEV1 in the 50s. Work part time nights and weekends. Avoiding getting on the treadmill by reading all these posts. Got to get to it! Catherine
  11. M

CFers over 40

Hello, <br />I am 41, mother of two, ages 10 and 7. Married 15 years. Diagnosed at 3 years. Pancreatic sufficient. FEV1 in the 50s. Work part time nights and weekends. Avoiding getting on the treadmill by reading all these posts. Got to get to it! <br />Catherine