Recent content by myohmymary

1. M

About my eye clinic check up

Hi, i may sound way off, but are eye problems a part of cf? My daughter Allissa is 7 with ddf508. She has had every problem (less pulmonary) that they say "isn't likely". I really like to be hyper aware of anything that could possibly arise, I think it gives me a better chance at staving it off...
  2. M

About my eye clinic check up

Hi, i may sound way off, but are eye problems a part of cf? My daughter Allissa is 7 with ddf508. She has had every problem (less pulmonary) that they say "isn't likely". I really like to be hyper aware of anything that could possibly arise, I think it gives me a better chance at staving it off...
  3. M

G-tube.... Mickey, one-step, or the button?

Allissa had the surgery this morning. We went with the Mickey and I think eventually we will be glad for it. She is in a lot more pain than I anticipated, but they are keeping her medicated. I am glad for this because it is allowing her to recover and me to adjust. Mentally I knew what was...
  4. M

Allissa had the surgery this morning. We went with the Mickey and I think eventually we will be glad for it. She is in a lot more pain than I anticipated, but they are keeping her medicated. I am glad for this because it is allowing her to recover and me to adjust. Mentally I knew what was...
  5. M

What is your FEV1 Score?

My daughter Allissa is 7 ddf508, her fev1 is currently 124% as inpatient. She has severe chronic sinusitis, liver problems, and a host of gi issues.
  6. M

What is your FEV1 Score?

My daughter Allissa is 7 ddf508, her fev1 is currently 124% as inpatient. She has severe chronic sinusitis, liver problems, and a host of gi issues.
  7. M

Schools with bad air quality

Chuck, How is that possible?
  8. M

Schools with bad air quality

Chuck, How is that possible?
  9. M

Cf & school... 504, public, charter, private...???

My daughter is 7 w/CF, I just removed my little social butterfly from 2nd grade because the public school wasn't delivering meds right and refused to change procedure. I am homeschooling now, but amconsidering a college prep charter school. If I go this route, what should be in a CFer's 504...
  10. M

Cf & school... 504, public, charter, private...???

My daughter is 7 w/CF, I just removed my little social butterfly from 2nd grade because the public school wasn't delivering meds right and refused to change procedure. I am homeschooling now, but amconsidering a college prep charter school. If I go this route, what should be in a CFer's 504...
  11. M

Hospital and Christmas

I tell my 7 yr old, God made you this way because he knew you were strong enough, it's up to you to be who he already knows you are... In the Bible he tells us, I knew you before you were formed. He knew how strong you are, he knew what you had to face, the pain, the lonliness, the CF... He...
  12. M

Hospital and Christmas

I tell my 7 yr old, God made you this way because he knew you were strong enough, it's up to you to be who he already knows you are... In the Bible he tells us, I knew you before you were formed. He knew how strong you are, he knew what you had to face, the pain, the lonliness, the CF... He...
  13. M

My daughter allissa is getting her g-tube on friday. a nurse came in and went over things with us, I am a bit overwhelmed. They showed us the button, the mic-key and the one step. Does anyone have any advice, pointers or recommendations as to which works best? Allissa is only 7 and I need...
  14. M

My daughter allissa is getting her g-tube on friday. a nurse came in and went over things with us, I am a bit overwhelmed. They showed us the button, the mic-key and the one step. Does anyone have any advice, pointers or recommendations as to which works best? Allissa is only 7 and I need...
  15. M

Anyone having trouble with their hospital

I have gone so far to remove my infant daughter from the hospital bed in the PICU, and leave the hospital. We have changed care centers 3 times and we have finally found one that meets our proactive forward thinking approach to her CF. Not only are we happier, but so is she... and healthier too...