Recent content by nu65

1. N

Red tide study and CF

This was in my local paper but I couldn't find it online. Pretty cool.
  2. N

Red tide study and CF

3. N

Red tide study and CF

4. N

PICC problems?

I think what you have is pleurisy or pleuritic pain. Where your lungs rub up against the pleural sac that contains them. As my PFTS got lower I had more and more of this pain. Motrin IB helped with the pain but it always seemed to be there, on both sides like you say.
  5. N

PICC problems?

I think what you have is pleurisy or pleuritic pain. Where your lungs rub up against the pleural sac that contains them. As my PFTS got lower I had more and more of this pain. Motrin IB helped with the pain but it always seemed to be there, on both sides like you say.
  6. N

PICC problems?

7. N

Worried about resistance

I think Duke would perform a tx even if you were resistant to everything. They are THAT serious about getting people lungs. So if it came to the point where there was practically no drug that seems to help your exacerbations, then that just means its time for transplant, in my opinion.
  8. N

Worried about resistance

I think Duke would perform a tx even if you were resistant to everything. They are THAT serious about getting people lungs. So if it came to the point where there was practically no drug that seems to help your exacerbations, then that just means its time for transplant, in my opinion.
  9. N

Worried about resistance

10. N

questionaire before transplant.....

No, I didn't have any questionaire, but they do ask you how you feel, have you had a fever recently. I also signed consents for the surgery itself, for the high risk donor, and for anaesthesia.
  11. N

No, I didn't have any questionaire, but they do ask you how you feel, have you had a fever recently. I also signed consents for the surgery itself, for the high risk donor, and for anaesthesia.
  12. N

13. N

Starting my life at 21!

I was transplanted almost a year ago. I was also afraid of the vent. I woke up the day after my surgery and was aware that as hard as I tried i could not move my hands up to my mouth to remove the tube. I had a hard time keeping calm about it being there, I think I cried. But there was a nurse...
  14. N

Starting my life at 21!

I was transplanted almost a year ago. I was also afraid of the vent. I woke up the day after my surgery and was aware that as hard as I tried i could not move my hands up to my mouth to remove the tube. I had a hard time keeping calm about it being there, I think I cried. But there was a nurse...
  15. N

Starting my life at 21!