Recent content by NYCLawGirl

1. N

heart problems with cf?

hi guys, i'm back! so i have SVT associated with pulmonary issues from my CF. i developed it several years pre-tx and it has stuck around even post. i take beta blockers for it, but have been told several times that it's not particularly dangerous. i did have a close friend with CF who died...
  2. N

heart problems with cf?

hi guys, i'm back! so i have SVT associated with pulmonary issues from my CF. i developed it several years pre-tx and it has stuck around even post. i take beta blockers for it, but have been told several times that it's not particularly dangerous. i did have a close friend with CF who died...
  3. N

heart problems with cf?

4. N

Columbia or Mass General

jen -- i went to col pres. have had a very positive experience (great docs, amazing surgeons, very thorough center). my one complaint about them is that they are large, and that is great b/c it means they get a lot of lungs and do a lot of txs, but bad in the sense that you can get lost in the...
  5. N

Columbia or Mass General

jen -- i went to col pres. have had a very positive experience (great docs, amazing surgeons, very thorough center). my one complaint about them is that they are large, and that is great b/c it means they get a lot of lungs and do a lot of txs, but bad in the sense that you can get lost in the...
  6. N

Columbia or Mass General

7. N

Aren't we all fighting the same fight?!?!?!

first of all, julie i'm really glad you're going with the t-shirt idea. i think you'll do well with that, support the walk, AND get your message out. good luck with it and in your upcoming meeting with UW! as to the other points: the CEO makes about .40 on every $100 earned by the CFF. the...
  8. N

first of all, julie i'm really glad you're going with the t-shirt idea. i think you'll do well with that, support the walk, AND get your message out. good luck with it and in your upcoming meeting with UW! as to the other points: the CEO makes about .40 on every $100 earned by the CFF. the...
  9. N

first of all, julie i'm really glad you're going with the t-shirt idea. i think you'll do well with that, support the walk, AND get your message out. good luck with it and in your upcoming meeting with UW! <br /> <br />as to the other points: <br /> <br />the CEO makes about .40 on every $100...
  10. N

nicotine and transplant

many if not most centers will remove you from the list for ANY tobacco use -- including snuff or other forms of ingestion. same is true for almost any other addictive drug or substance. three words: not worth it.
  11. N

nicotine and transplant

many if not most centers will remove you from the list for ANY tobacco use -- including snuff or other forms of ingestion. same is true for almost any other addictive drug or substance. three words: not worth it.
  12. N

nicotine and transplant

13. N

2011ALex Award

Hey beautiful fellow transplantees/waiters: So in apologize in advance for the bragging, but last weekend at the CFF's annual Volunteer Leadership Conference I was beyond honored to receive the Alex Award - named after Alex DeFord and presented by her father. This is the Foundation's highest...
  14. N

2011ALex Award

Hey beautiful fellow transplantees/waiters: So in apologize in advance for the bragging, but last weekend at the CFF's annual Volunteer Leadership Conference I was beyond honored to receive the Alex Award - named after Alex DeFord and presented by her father. This is the Foundation's highest...
  15. N

2011ALex Award

Hey beautiful fellow transplantees/waiters: <br /> <br />So in apologize in advance for the bragging, but last weekend at the CFF's annual Volunteer Leadership Conference I was beyond honored to receive the Alex Award - named after Alex DeFord and presented by her father. This is the...