Recent content by PACmommy

1. P

One at a time

I like it. Well put.
  2. P

My Church

Wow you guys all got really nasty and unjustifiably so. What I saw at the beginning of this thread was a person trying to use a personal experience to uplift others. The response was nasty claws that came out and tore it down. I don't know about you but I believe that speaks volumes. I call...
  3. P

Can CFers digest candy and bread?

If you take your enzymes I see no reason why you can't eat bread and chips. Candy in general is a simple sugar and doesn't require enzymes to be broken down. Why aren't you eating anything from an animal? If it's for moral reasons that's something else. But if it's because you are having...
  4. P

A miraculous home remedy !!!!!

NaCl 0.9% or normal saline is the concentration used medically ( iv bags and flushing, irrigating, etc. ) because it is the same concentration as the body in it's natural state. Aka isotonic, meaning it will not draw/diffuse any more or less salt across a semi permiable membrane/cell wall. That...
  5. P

Just discover that my wife and I are carriers.

Our daughter Ainsley was diagnosed at the age of 2. I'm glad we decided not to do any screening because I wouldn't change my family for the world. She is an amazing, beautiful girl of 10 now, she plays piano and soccer. She's beautiful smart, and extremely stubborn. I do have a funny story...
  6. P

chronic pain

tummy pain My daughter has begun to deal with pain as well. Her lung function is great, usually around 125% but she seems to frequently have pain around the umbilicus. Usually when I mention it to the docs they just shrug it off, but this last bought was bad. She plays competitive soccer and it...
  7. P

chronic pain

My daughter has begun to deal with pain as well. Her lung function is great, usually around 125% but she seems to frequently have pain around the umbilicus. Usually when I mention it to the docs they just shrug it off, but this last bought was bad. She plays competitive soccer and it got to the...
  8. P

Advice on Stomach Issues?

Just some thoughts. My daughter has been complaining for the last year about central abdo pain, usually around the umbilicus. I kept mentioning it at clinic and was brushed off. About new years it started getting really bad and I noticed she was having alot of diarrhea. Ithought may be it was...
  9. P

At what age did your kiddos start culturing bad stuff!!

Who says I'm not keeping that in mind? As a family we deal with the reality of CF every day and just because she is healthy today doesn't mean we haven't had our share of bumps in the road including GI and sinus and lung issues. Just because we choose to not to dwell on them and to let her live...
  10. P

Thanx for this comment. I sometimes get insecure when I see others talking about thier little cf ers not doing this or having to take this or that. Ainsley does pep, vest, enzymes, adeks, sinus rinses and nasonex. I give her fishoil and vit d on top of that but I try to keep her regiment to a...
  11. P

The Invisible War

Just a thought. Ainsley has always done neilmed sinus rinse for her sinus issues and never cleared any mucous prior to her last fess. A few days after her surgery, a couple months ago, she developped a really mucousy cough which became so bad it was blocking her airway. The ent explained that...
  12. P

What kind of job do you have?

Im a paramedic and love it! Although I'm careful on those days when I get dirty patients, my daughter is ddf508. I walk straight to the washing machine and strip, then I tell the kids not to touch mommy and ill give em a kiss after my shower.
  13. P

Been forever since I chatted on this sight. But the chats are interesting and wanted to chime in . Ainsley is ddf508 and now 9, she has not cultured anything yet, knock on wood, her last pft was 117, she has always scored above 110. We don't restrict her from anything, we also have 2 boys and...
  14. P

at the end of my rope

Our daughter went through the same thing last year, she was completely potty trained, then after being diagnosed, she started peeing her pants all the time. I licked the problem by sticking her bum in a cold shower everytime, and after a couple of days, she got the hint. Sometimes accidents can...
  15. P

at the end of my rope

Our daughter went through the same thing last year, she was completely potty trained, then after being diagnosed, she started peeing her pants all the time. I licked the problem by sticking her bum in a cold shower everytime, and after a couple of days, she got the hint. Sometimes accidents can...