Recent content by piggylu

1. P

Celebrating 7 year Transplant anniversary!

CONGRATS!!!!! That is awesome!! So, was it an amazing instant feeling once you came out of surgery? What was it like?
  2. P

Ideas for new cf product development?

For those of us who dont notice any change with using Pulmozyme or other mucolytics to loosen mucus, it would be neat if there was something like a "super-charged" Mucinex pill or expectorant that is effective and affordable
  3. P

Clofazimine Experience?

I totally agree!!!! I usually dont need much lotion etc, but since starting Clofaz, my skin is extremely dry and cracked and i havent found any product that restores moisture. I joke and say my legs feel like i am a reptile.
  4. P

Transplant

Good to hear you are doing well!!!! Anybody on this thread gone to University of Colorado in Denver for transplant?
  5. P

Clofazimine Experience?

Hi, i have been on Clofaz for almost 9 months. The main things i notice on my end are the skin color change and i also notice that i get extremely dry skin from it. Any others get the dry skin??
  6. P

Dirt

Hi, i completely understand your concerns!! For people with CF, there are some bugs that we can get from soil. Mycobacterium Avium Complex, NTM, b.Cepacia, Mycobacterium Abscessus. I will research to see what others may pose a threat for CF patients.
  7. P

Today's surgery

Thinking of You and Your Daughter!! Prayers sent your way!!
  8. P

how do i know?

My question as well..... If you were diagnosed with CF whether mild or severe, they must have identified at least 1 of the 2 gene mutations so call your Dr and ask for it/them. :)
  9. P

Phase 2 VX661/Kalydeco results released

Is there a way of knowing if you are heterozygous or are homozygous? Thanks!!
  10. P

questions??

I agree with everybody's posts! And, his lung function is higher than mine ( i am 35%) so he isn't so low yet that he has to consider other options like transplant, etc. Sounds like a clean out and antibiotics could help him feel better as well!
  11. P

New series has cf girl in it!!

I agree!!! We "seem" more human and normal so that's a positive!!! And.... I like that she explains what CF is and the show actually is informative for folks who dont know.
  12. P

New series has cf girl in it!!

I also watched the first 2 episodes and i will continue watching. I think the part i questioned was when they were running thru the woods and she was wearing her portable 02 and they had to duck and hide for a moment and she never coughed at all from running but is on oxygen. Lol!!!! ;) I found...
  13. P

Respirtech Incourage System

How much are you asking for the system? Thanks!!
  14. P

Have you become more introverted and anti-social as your health declines?

Vera, you hit the nail on the head!! I can totally relate to how you feel!! May i ask what Anti-depressant/s work for any of you? I hVe been on a rollercoaster for a few years trying to find one that helps/works. I am on Paxil now and only notice it helps with anxiety but not much with...
  15. P

Respirtech Incourage System

I live in South Dakota so i am a ways from you. How much does the system weigh? If somebody else is closer and can pick it up, i understand. I don't have much luck getting mucus clearance with my Vest, so i was interested in a system such as this Thanks!!!