Recent content by Renee Vasquez

1. R

Dumped because I have CF...

Don't think to hard about it is my advice. "Normal" people have relationship issues too. As another poster said everyone has their own baggage. I am pretty lucky and nailed dating on my second try, so i'm not great at advice on how to date. BUT i have been in only long term relationships, so I...
  2. R

Dating another CF person

My brother also has CF, not quite the same intimate contact as a boyfriend. He's gotten sick many times and I've yet to be sick at all. So I don't know how exactly that situation works and I don't get sick from him. We obviously have the same genes, mine just seem milder than his. Now that we...
  3. R

How do you avoid the pity party when you tell people you have CF?

I'm also very open about it. If people try to pity, I always say don't worry I don't plan on dying anytime soon. And they kind of laugh, like no one really plans on dying..... I also bring up the very good point of, not that many cool things happen after 40 anyways, so I really don't think I'll...
  4. R

Dating another CF person

I dated someone else with CF for 2 years. We lived together and I never got sick from him. BUT i'm a VERY mild case and his was more severe than mine. He was 5 years older than I am and we met on a site like this one. When I first found out i had CF. I got on Forums and he was the only one to...
  5. R

So my mind is kinda blown.

So I posted in a depressed state yesterday, explaining what I always felt these unexplainable sad days really mean....in short, they mean something bad is happening to someone who is dear to me or use to be dear to me. Then i speculated that it could have to do with an Ex because i feel sadness...
  6. R

The Mind Can Be Evil.

Today just has a bad feel about it. Nothing is specifically wrong, but it just has a gloom to it. On these days I think that someone I once knew well, in another life (by that I mean this same life, but in a different time period of it. . . not reincarnated sort of another life) is suffering, or...
  7. R

No one determines your value but you

I don't understand other people's brains sometimes. Which i know is common, cause if I knew how everyone thought I'd really know everything, and thats impossible. I have a good grasp on it, at least I feel like I do. Why people think what they do, I can at the very least empathize with their...
  8. R

I love Life. That is all.

So seeing as blogs are basically just live journals. Get ready to know me more than you'd like to. Because well. . . I have very little filter and i personally know none of yous and will never meet any of yous. SOOOO more reason to let my freak flag fly! I often don't feel like i belong on...
  9. R

Do CFers write their Bucket Lists?

This is a very nice post Tim. Thank you for sharing. I do many of these sorts of things too. I think people often take for granted the effect they have on the people around them. That simply telling a mother you admire how hard she works for her children, or telling someone you've taken notice...
  10. R

CF Clinic + Holistic medicine, does it exist? America or Europe?

" The Japanese work mentality is a great example of the way to live. Work hard, plan far into the future, and focus on the business while not compromising your morals or your integrity. At least that's what my research tells me..they could be just as bad..." lol. .. . They have a word for...
  11. R

CF Clinic + Holistic medicine, does it exist? America or Europe?

Michigan has a CSHSC program and it pays for all of my CF related medicines. No co-pays. You do pay a fee but it is ridiculously low and based on income. I wanna say if you fall into the HIGHEST income level it is only around 2500 a year and I fell into around 43,000 for a family of 3 and it...
  12. R

How much of your depression/anxiety is caused by CF?

I think I use to be more depressed about my CF than I am now. I use to see it as a huge barrier and think of all the things I may not have in life, like children. Then i had my son and I really can't recall being sad in the last 2 years of my life without really good reason. Of course the normal...
  13. R

Optimists

So I'm new to this site, and thus far I have noticed many "Aged" Cf-ers. Which makes me very optimist about the future. My question for all you is "What is positive in your life?" and "What do you do to stay optimist?" :)
  14. R

Existential Crisis

I always think of how far you've already come. Weren't you scared back then, did it really change anything fearing the unknown? Or did it really just not even play out the way you imagined and here you stressed for so long over things that didn't even happen. I personally did that. I found out...
  15. R

Should Cystic Fibrosis be declared a disability?

I live in Michigan and have the "Children's Special Health" insurance, which covers all my CF related medical. I recently looked into moving to New Orleans with my fiance for a job he was being offered. I asked my social worker for info on how insurance there would work. . . that notion went out...