Recent content by ReneeP

1. R

Flu Mist Clinic at my daughter's school

Thank you all so much for taking the time to respond to me! I really appreciate your thoughts!<br>I called the school board yesterday to clarify exactly when and where the clinics were going to take place and to express my concerns. I also talked to my girls and explained the situation to...
  2. R

Thank you all so much for taking the time to respond to me! I really appreciate your thoughts!<br>I called the school board yesterday to clarify exactly when and where the clinics were going to take place and to express my concerns. I also talked to my girls and explained the situation to...
  3. R

4. R

Thank you very much! That does make me feel better to hear someone else say that the risk is relatively low. I am getting the girl's shots tonight. And I have left a message for the girl's dr office to call me back. I was ashamed to call because I know they are going to jump on me for not having...
  5. R

Thank you very much! That does make me feel better to hear someone else say that the risk is relatively low. I am getting the girl's shots tonight. And I have left a message for the girl's dr office to call me back. I was ashamed to call because I know they are going to jump on me for not having...
  6. R

7. R

Hi Everyone... Quick question. I have two daughters with CF (16 and 12)... both Double Delta F508 but both very healthy, relatively speaking of course. I am ashamed to admit it but they have not received their flu shots yet (it has been a rough year with a couple of deaths in the family recently...
  8. R

Hi Everyone... Quick question. I have two daughters with CF (16 and 12)... both Double Delta F508 but both very healthy, relatively speaking of course. I am ashamed to admit it but they have not received their flu shots yet (it has been a rough year with a couple of deaths in the family recently...
  9. R

10. R

Flu mist

**** Sorry... I had searched for the topic "flu mist" and replied to it without realizing it was in the Pregnancy section... I'll re-post this in the Family section ****Hi Everyone... Quick question. I have two daughters with CF (16 and 12)... both Double Delta F508 but both very healthy...
  11. R

Human Growth Hormones

Not to take away from the positive aspects of this study, but there are many side effects of growth hormones that should be taken very seriously. My daughter was put on Genotropin when she was 12 by her CF Dr. The reason for putting her on it was to boost her height. She was on it for a few...
  12. R

Human Growth Hormones

Not to take away from the positive aspects of this study, but there are many side effects of growth hormones that should be taken very seriously. My daughter was put on Genotropin when she was 12 by her CF Dr. The reason for putting her on it was to boost her height. She was on it for a few...
  13. R

Human Growth Hormones

14. R

growth hormones

My daughter was on growth hormone injections for about 8 months when she was 12 years old. It, unfortunately, did nothing to boost her height at all. It did, however, cause a severe reaction which was very scary... What happened to her was apparently pretty rare, but it is a known side effect...
  15. R

growth hormones

My daughter was on growth hormone injections for about 8 months when she was 12 years old. It, unfortunately, did nothing to boost her height at all. It did, however, cause a severe reaction which was very scary... What happened to her was apparently pretty rare, but it is a known side effect...