Recent content by running4life

1. R

Any update on kalydeco?

I am not sure that it's going to be out yet. Some of us may or may not be participating in the trials still.
  2. R

First Hospitalization

Know it is possible for them to come up - mine were down to 57% in February 2012 and now at 95% a few weeks ago - even ON IVs. I believe diet and nutrition are the key to my success as a 26 year old. findingtruth1.blogspot.com This is a blog I write about my CF with nutrition, exercise, and...
  3. R

Something a relative said to me at a wedding -- cried myself to sleep

I'm going against the grain here and just brush it off. Don't take it so personally. She probably means well and if she doesn't, don't let people's opinions and thoughts get to you. This takes time and practice but you can do it. Be confident in you and yourself enough to not let their comments...
  4. R

I'm going against the grain here and just brush it off. Don't take it so personally. She probably means well and if she doesn't, don't let people's opinions and thoughts get to you. This takes time and practice but you can do it. Be confident in you and yourself enough to not let their comments...
  5. R

6. R

Question for this with CFRD

To answer the other part, I felt AMAZING on insulin. I was SO sick and fatigued that I was willing to do anything to feel better and all it took was insulin!
  7. R

Question for this with CFRD

I have been on insulin since I was 15 and a pump when I was 17. I check my sugars 4-6 times a day. It has been a struggle for me as of late, but so far I've gone from an A1C of 12 down to 8 and will know in a few weeks if it's gone down further. It's hard to manage both disease but a pump makes...
  8. R

Honor of guest blog posting

Hey guys, A lot of you know Ronnie Sharpe from Runsickboyrun.com I had the honor and pleasure of writing a guest post for him. Please check it out. I have included a link to my blog as well. http://findingtruth1.blogspot.com/2013/10/guest-posting.html Ashley
  9. R

Chest Congestion

Are you doing Pulmozyme twice a day? Talk to your doctor about doing it twice a day or moving it to the evening if you can only do once a day. That has helped me greatly. Also, try doing the Vest and/or Acapella just before bedtime. See if that helps.
  10. R

Great Expectations - how tough is it to always take your CF medication?

Totally digging your blog. Please check mine out as well. http://www.findingtruth1.blogspot.com/ I write about mind, body, and spirit...just whatever I am dealing with, but there are CF specific posts. I really like the way you write and added you to my list of blogs I read. Thank you!
  11. R

How can I safely lose 10 lb?

Lay off the desire for abs. Seems like it's all you post about. Trust me, it's not the be all end all. Health is far more important than any aesthetics. Do some research. It comes down to diet and exercise. Mostly diet.
  12. R

Nurse blew out vein... in horrible pain

This happened to me before surgery once but my hand just "blew up" and was really cold and large as was my wrist. I have god veins so I don't know how that correlates to this issue. Also, after the nurse took out the first IV that was wrong, there was still pain but it went away shortly after...
  13. R

how well does cayston work for you?

Yes, Cayston is about $5700, thank God my copay is $20.
  14. R

how well does cayston work for you?

It's a pain doing it 3x a day to be honest, but it's okay. Guess it works okay. Treatments are so quick. Takes longer to clean the handset than do the treatment. I still have PA but lung function is high. I actually do my Cayston as before I never did Tobi because it took too long to do. So...
  15. R

Questions for new primary

Basic questions would be have you ever treated anyone with CF? Whats your knowledge of CF? Are you willing to learn more for me? Are you willing to take me on as a patient?