Recent content by schoolcounselor

1. S

What I wish my teachers/ school counselor knew about CF

leecee- I am so sorry to hear about the letter you received from your daughter's school! How extremely frustrating!!! Another person shared the importance of a "schedule/ plan" for when students are out, to help ensure they receive ALL of the work they need, and ALL of the assistance they need...
  2. S

ethan508- You brought up excellent points for me to keep in mind when I am assisting students with CF and their family members. I like how you even mentioned that you wish you could have somehow given your 5th block teacher a knowing look, so that you could simply excuse yourself to go get water...
  3. S

mmw0615- I can only imagine taking Honors and AP courses, while having to miss long stretches of days at a time! I think it is awesome that you were able to have teachers that had the lectures, notes, and information available to you so that you could "teach" yourself. That still buts SO much...
  4. S

Oboe- I am so sorry to hear about your experience regarding your absences and your schools response. I think that as a school, we need to make sure we take into account all the many challenges you are faced with outside of school, as well as inside school, to ensure that we are assisting you to...
  5. S

Amber- This was very insightful information! I am glad you mentioned the part concerning PE! This is something I will have to make sure I add to my list of topics to be brought up in IEP, 504, of Health Plan meetings, to ensure that this is being addressed in my students' plans as well. It was...
  6. S

Hello to everyone! I am a school counselor in NC and am learning about CF in a course I am taking. As I have read through many of your posts, it seems that there are many things that your school system is lacking to implement, that would benefit you in your school setting. I know that there are...
  7. S

Lungs "in a box" Cool article (does show picture of lungs, if you are squeamish)

Daniela.l Your wordpress account is extremely enlightening! I am astounded by your strength throughout your journey. It is very informative for those of us who do not have CF, but are looking for ways to assist those that we live or work with, who are diagnosed. Thank you for sharing your journey!