Recent content by slhogan

1. S

Need to learn more about End Stage CF (Supporting a Friend)

Thank you for the book recommendations, links, and kind words :) We have been very worried, but it looks like he's going to thankfully pull through this flare-up. After a few days on the ventilator, he was finally taken off and just moved our of the ICU and into a regular room. It was a very...
  2. S

Back to my original post that began this thread.... I'm still looking for CF literature that deals with end-stage CF. As I posted earlier, it seems like everything I find online falls into two categories: 1) Overly-upbeat/positive patient information about how to avoid end-stage; 2) Medical...
  3. S

Thank you for all your good advice. It's very overwhelming to read through all this (and all the websites I am reading right now). I can't believe how much work goes into keeping the body functioning. It's no wonder he has been so overwhelmed with it all. I'm very sorry to share that this...
  4. S

He does have family but it's not intact, and he was shuffled from relative to relative a lot as a child. As an adult, he doesn't really have a relationship with any of them. No he doesn't have a strong drive. He's pretty passive about the whole thing. Actually, he struggles with...
  5. S

Hello! I'm new to this forum. My college-age daughter is in a relationship with a young man with CF. I am trying to learn more so I can support my daughter as she supports her boyfriend. Specifically, I am trying to find resources where I can learn more about the end-stages of CF, quality of...
  6. S

Who are you in a nut shell

My name is Laura. My college-age daughter is in a relationship with a young man with CF. I am trying to learn more, so I can support her as she supports him.