Recent content by Smirizzle

1. S

Work

I am with you. I was diagnosed last year, missed 3 months of work. Prior to, working 40+ hours a week as outpatient manual physical therapist, former professional modern dancer, all around general fitness enthusiast. Been sick more than friends but I never let it stop me. Now, barely making it...
  2. S

Those who have applied to disability

Hi Kmhbeauty, They will also ask a lot questions regarding how much you were working: hours/days etc and during that time were there any accommodations made for your health: having to adjust shifts/less tables/something that would be a specific change for you that you wouldn't need if you were...
  3. S

Recurring Fevers and shortness of breath

Wow! I too have had similar issues. Started an antibiotic 2 weeks ago, 3 days in I got worse. Low-grade fever comes and goes. I'm with Jamest and think there is an unwanted colony in there, my ENT wants to culture sinuses. I have had intermittent issues like this where it seems I have some sort...
  4. S

mstein just diagnosed with cystic fibrosis

Hi, I was diagnosed at 32 last year. I still have fluctuating emotions about it. I do keep telling myself I have always had this. This morning I went to my primary because I was coughing up green mucus. In the past, I would have shrugged my shoulders and let whatever it was run its course. But I...
  5. S

Who are you in a nut shell

Hi, I'm Rachel. I was diagnosed at 32. It started with gastric issues that just wouldn't go away. (Don't need to describe the stools I was having as most of you are familiar!) After every test under the sun at GI docs, I decided to get my own genetic test at 23andme to help guide diagnostics...
  6. S

Dx last wk at 32; any information on disease progression?

Thank-you for the very organized information, Welshwitch. The progression began this summer. I began losing weight and was having constant loose, bulky, greasy stools. I kept telling doctors it was like no matter what I ate, I wasn't absorbing any of it. They ran me through the battery of usual...
  7. S

Thank you all for your input. I have started daily lung clearance and have noticed some improvements. My sputum culture came back positive but since it is the holidays I have to wait to see the doctor to know exactly what I grew. It's all new to me and I am doing pretty well so far in keeping...
  8. S

I was diagnosed by an accredited CF clinic and am still undergoing testing to determine my treatment. I have had recurrent sinus infections, bronchitis and breathing issues my whole life. Recently, this summer everything just seemed to increase in severity. In the past two months, I lost 15...