Recent content by suren

1. S

Toe Nail Fungus

I had awful toenail fungus, which wouldn't go away. But finally, I got rid of it by using JUBLIA. This is a new topical solution that really works. It is expensive and some health insurance plans don't cover it. Ask your doctor to prescribe Jublia.
  2. S

Can someone explain in plain English

Thanks a lot. He goes to a topnotch CF Center in NYC. It just feels wonderful to hear from CF patients who are in their 50s. My best wishes for many more years of a healthy life for you and your brother.
  3. S

Thank you Huntersmom. I have had my son's doctor talking about CF type diseases but he never strayed away from CF diagnosis. I guess because my son has a clear positive sweat test. LL just wrote that 7T/7T is more related to GI problems but your son has a lot more respiratory issues. Has any...
  4. S

Nell, thank you very much for taking the time to explain in great detail. Your explanation is a little technical and I am not able to reconcile it with the Ambry Report that says:This result decreases the likelihood, but does not eliminate the possibility, that this individual's clinical...
  5. S

LL, Thank you very much for your reply. You are both helpful and knowledgeable. The best thing about you is that your are 66 years old -- reading about your age gives hope to people like me. My son has had respiratory issues but no GI issues, which is odd given that you are saying that 7T/7T...
  6. S

Thank you very much for your reply. I think I made an error. The correct write up is: This individual is heterozygous for the p. T8961(c.2687C>T) variant of unknown significance in the CFTR gene, which may or may not be contributing to this individual's clinical history. This result decreases...
  7. S

My son's genetic test says The individual is heterozygous for the p.T8961 (c2687>c) variant of unknown significance in the CFTR gene................ The individual carries the 7T/7T poly T variants in the CFTR gene. Can someone explain in everyday language what the above means. I could not...