Recent content by Taylor

1. T

steroids

I have been sporadically doing searches for peer-reviewed medical studies on anabolic steroid use and custic fibrosis. I have only come across a few studies dealing with steriod use and inidividuals with HIV. I plan on continuing my search and will inform you of any relevant findings.Best,Dr. Lee
  2. T

yoga

the frog princess,Thanks for posting your questions!Yoga is a great form of exercise and wellness. There are many types of yoga which cater to people at different fitness levels. Precaution should be taken if you are inexperienced with exercise or more specifically with yoga. You may want to...
  3. T

Sports...

Brian,Thanks for the post!Sports are excellent for physical, emotional, and social growth.Presently, I enjoy playing golf and volleyball. I use to be an avid mountain biker and consistently played basketball in my college and grad school days. In high school, I played football and ran on the...
  4. T

Exercise program & airway clearance devices

nmr8177,Thank you for your post!The following three paragraphs are from my reply to another post, which helped address a similar question:It is never too late to exercise or to develop healthy life habits. I hope you always keep that in mind as you live the rest of your life. Please don't lose...
  5. T

steroids

Thank you for your posting!This is a sensitive topic of concern for so many inidividuals. It appears your quality of life has improved in the last 4 years. Have you concurrently been exercising regularly as well? If so, it would be interesting to know whether the regular exercise has been the...
  6. T

question4 dr taylor

Shamrock,Thanks for the post!Yes, consistent exercising should improve your lung function. As I have stated in some of the other replies, you don't want to cause an inflammatory response to occur due to over-exercising. Make sure you keep it regular, work at a comfortable intensity, and take a...
  7. T

is it too late??

Emma,Thank you for posting this question! Luke, this is just another category on a forum and you have as much right to post your replies as I do. Thank you for caring enough to step in and replying to Emma.I do apologize for the delayed response. This has been a very busy weekend for me (my...
  8. T

Swimming

Shamrock,Thanks for posting so many interesting questions!Swimming is a great form of exercise for most people. Holding your breath for short periods of time is required when one swims. However, purposefully holding your breath for minutes at a time may not be in your best interest. Swimming...
  9. T

Trampoline

French father,Thank you for posting on cysticfibrosis.com!The trampoline has become a widely used exercise tool amongst all age groups. You see them in fitness gyms, rehabilitation centers, and your neighbor's backyard. For obvious reasons, it is particularly popular amongst children. It can...
  10. T

Breathing pain

Jarod,Thank you for visiting cysticfibrosis.com and posting your question!What type of exercises have you been participating in? Does the pain occur during the physical activity or after? These are some of the questions you should ask yourself in order to form a better picture of what may be...
  11. T

Breathing pain

I will be glad to answer your question when I'm finished with patient care for the day.Thanks for your posting.Dr. Lee
  12. T

Trampoline

I will be glad to answer your question when I'm finished with patient care for the day.Thanks for your posting.Dr. Lee
  13. T

question4 dr taylor

Shamrock,I will be glad to answer your question when I'm finished with patient care for the day.Thanks for your posting.Dr. Lee
  14. T

is it too late??

Emma,I will be glad to answer your question when I'm finished with patient care for the day.Thanks for your posting.Dr. Lee
  15. T

Category Introduction

Dear Forum Users,My name is Dr. Taylor Lee and am excited to have this opportunity to help you find answers to your questions. I am currently a practicing clinician and have over ten years of fitness experience working with various special populations. My clinical knowledge coupled with...