Recent content by theLostMiler

1. T

partially collapsed lung

She should be on oxygen also, if you forgo the chest tube, 24 hour o2 will help it heal faster. Mine were not painful, though I am sorry to see that she is so young and having this. Also no huff coughing or pfts, you want to not increase pressure in your airways at all.
  2. T

partially collapsed lung

She should be on oxygen also, if you forgo the chest tube, 24 hour o2 will help it heal faster. Mine were not painful, though I am sorry to see that she is so young and having this. Also no huff coughing or pfts, you want to not increase pressure in your airways at all.
  3. T

neuropathy?

Hail2Pitt, if you have been taking zyvox for M.A. it is the cause of your peripheral neuropathy. I continued taking zyvox for 2 weeks after my intial symptoms and then after my calls into my old ped clinic were doing nothing, I did research and found it is a common side effect. I stopped taking...
  4. T

neuropathy?

Hail2Pitt, if you have been taking zyvox for M.A. it is the cause of your peripheral neuropathy. I continued taking zyvox for 2 weeks after my intial symptoms and then after my calls into my old ped clinic were doing nothing, I did research and found it is a common side effect. I stopped taking...
  5. T

IV's & alcohol

Sometimes things are worth it... I am a big quality over quantity... I would weigh in how long you are on ivs (I do months of IVs most of the time, so I drink with them, socially at times which is 0-4 drinks a week for me).... I don't see the issue in having 1-3 drinks depending on how long you...
  6. T

IV's & alcohol

Sometimes things are worth it... I am a big quality over quantity... I would weigh in how long you are on ivs (I do months of IVs most of the time, so I drink with them, socially at times which is 0-4 drinks a week for me).... I don't see the issue in having 1-3 drinks depending on how long you...
  7. T

I dont do my treatments

I really agree with the poster who said it has to be a step by step thing... you need to take baby steps, make small, ACHIEVABLE goals, as you accomplish them you will get yourself motivated, you will feel better about yourself and I think that will help you to keep setting goals and finishing...
  8. T

I dont do my treatments

I really agree with the poster who said it has to be a step by step thing... you need to take baby steps, make small, ACHIEVABLE goals, as you accomplish them you will get yourself motivated, you will feel better about yourself and I think that will help you to keep setting goals and finishing...
  9. T

Massages in the hospital

We had the massage and healing touch and the first visit was free, but you could donate, then you were charged after that, but the cfers got free unlimited while inpatient! But there wasnt a lot of therapists so generally only got one once a week and the most I was in for was 2 weeks. At my...
  10. T

Massages in the hospital

We had the massage and healing touch and the first visit was free, but you could donate, then you were charged after that, but the cfers got free unlimited while inpatient! But there wasnt a lot of therapists so generally only got one once a week and the most I was in for was 2 weeks. At my...
  11. T

Megace

I didnt notice a tolerance, but after about 3 years of being on and off (I would get super bloated) I did feel like it stopped working for me. But I was also really ready to be done with it... It made me only think aout food though lol
  12. T

Megace

I didnt notice a tolerance, but after about 3 years of being on and off (I would get super bloated) I did feel like it stopped working for me. But I was also really ready to be done with it... It made me only think aout food though lol
  13. T

mycobacterium chelonae

Ellied, did you find anything? Look up all threads on mycobacteriums, I started culturing M. Chelonae in 2006. There are other strains of NTM that will give you info. Let me know of you find what you need.
  14. T

mycobacterium chelonae

Ellied, did you find anything? Look up all threads on mycobacteriums, I started culturing M. Chelonae in 2006. There are other strains of NTM that will give you info. Let me know of you find what you need.
  15. T

Need help with MAC(Mycobacterium avium complex)

I culture another strain of NTM, and yes, daily fevers, sweats, chills, no enemrgy, no appetite, naussa... The list goes on and on. You aren't alone, do the treatment, it will provide relief. I didnt clear it with my first round of "long term treatment" but I have done other 3-6 month treatments...