Recent content by triples15

1. T

Another Attempt at Health care Bill does not protect CF Pateints

Holy cow Ratatosk, that.was.awesome!!! Thanks so much for posting it. Within a couple minutes they had faxed my letter to both of my representatives. They do it all for you. Wow! Please everyone, if you don't think this bill is going to protect us but have been hesitant to call or write a...
  2. T

Medicare- Is there ANY way to get HOME IVs covered?

Here it is! Unfortunately I'm not sure if Jenn is still with us. :( Maybe someone else on here knows Jenn? http://forums.cysticfibrosis.com/showthread.php/17356-MediCARE-participants-who-receive-home-infusion-services?highlight=Medicare%20home
  3. T

Medicare- Is there ANY way to get HOME IVs covered?

I'm so sorry for the crappy situation you're in! :( We did have a member here who figured out how to get home IVs through original Medicare but I haven't seen her around for awhile. Pretty sure her name is Jen and screen name "justducky". I'll try to search for an old thread and see how she said...
  4. T

Moving to Colorado- Between Denver and the Springs possibly-Short term rentals?

Me again! I think you'll do better there in terms of allergies. The air will also be drier and that may help too. Also, even though Moogie is short-haired he may LOVE the cold and snow. ;) I'd love to see him in it for the first time. Your little guy will prob love it too. Maya absolutely...
  5. T

Moving to Colorado- Between Denver and the Springs possibly-Short term rentals?

Hey Miss!! We looked at Colorado too, before we moved back to Nebraska. I think it's an awesome place. I've always heard amazing things about National Jewish. I saw Dr. Nick once when I went there to try to get into a Vertex trial. I got a good vibe from the clinic.;) So I only have a couple...
  6. T

Funny anecdote

Just thought I'd share a something that I found amusing. In my 36 years as a CF patient I've heard a lot of things, but this was a new one. I went to the lab at my CF hospital to have my blood drawn a couple days ago. I sit down in the chair and as the phlebotomist is looking at the orders and...
  7. T

American Healthcare Act

Hi again all! I'm sorry for the tone of my previous post being negative/defeatist. I'm going to be honest, this whole issue has sent me into a tailspin. Since election night when the writing was on the wall that this is what we'd be up against my stress level has been through the roof. I...
  8. T

American Healthcare Act

Thanks for the uplifting story about your daughters J! You must be one amazing family. How cool that they are there advocating for us. Great list of those on the fence. It looks like Rob Portman (R) of Ohio is also undecided at this point. His Facebook post states that he needs to examine the...
  9. T

American Healthcare Act

Grrr Jeana you're correct. :/ My original post is old (from early March) and was in reference to a draft of the House bill. You are correct that this Senate bill would allow for the return of lifetime/annual caps by allowing states to "opt out". I live in a very red state that will opt out the...
  10. T

how to get a new Altera handset

Hi Shay, I get a new one every month with my Cayston so i'm afraid I don't have any advise on where to buy them for out-of-pocket for a decent price. I don't replace every month and keep a couple extra on hand. I'd be willing to drop one in the mail to you if that would help. It's of course...
  11. T

Anyone with S945L ?

Hi Jpear, I think your message is directed more at Heather, but wanted to say that I'm still around. :) Still doing pretty well at 36. I'm still PI on paper, but require few to no enzymes and am actually "pleasantly plump". My lung function is now in the 50s, but working more on exercising and...
  12. T

Urgent call to action: Alternate health care plan has been reintroduced

And it has passed the house....
  13. T

Urgent call to action: Alternate health care plan has been reintroduced

Only have a second but just read an article that states this plan will allow for the return of lifetime and annual caps. :( https://www.wsj.com/articles/little-noted-provision-of-gop-health-bill-could-alter-employer-plans-1493890203 So not only will we see the pre-existing conditions...
  14. T

IV protocol

Hi again Love! Neither of the 2 centers I've been to use that protocol. When I was younger/healthier and bounced back much quicker we always did 2 weeks, regardless of whether I stayed in the hospital or did them at home. By 2 weeks I was always back up to, or above, baseline and we stopped...
  15. T

Question from DS on PICC

So glad to see your other update that DS is feeling better and PFTs bounced back. PHEW!! I'm so happy for you guys. RE; the PICC removal, I concur with Penny, he shouldn't even feel it. However, he should try to stay relaxed so his muscles don't tense up or spasm. I did have a PICC line get...