Recent content by yellow

1. Y

Opinions on Vests

It is noisy but it was already noisy with the nebulizer so not much difference adding the inCourage ;) .. and you girls are right .. I like the hoses dont pop out ... it came already programmed by the therapist that brought it to our house and I just click a button and wait for it to finish it...
  2. Y

Opinions on Vests

I just wanted to follow up on my original thread ... we went with the inCourage from Respir-Tech and so far we like it :) My son has used it 3 nights so far and has fallen asleep with it the last two hehe.. I think I got a sleeping machine :P We had to pay 20% of the co-pay ... but well... we...
  3. Y

Welcome Ambry Genetics

My son has one common and one uncommon (actually I havent seen any of that uncommon one here in the forum :S ). I know how hard it is to be in the middle and be waiting on the result hoping it is not CF.. hang in there, patience and good luck!
  4. Y

Opinions on Vests

To nmw0615 :) Thanks ! I think I have made my decision ... My husband and I were going towards the RespirTech but this sold it hehe. I will call our therapist today. Sandra
  5. Y

Opinions on Vests

Thank you all for your posts!!!!! It is so nice to hear your experiences and makes me feel I'm not alone on this :) it looks like they all have good things... I'm going to check their web pages and will let you know what we decide :) This is the first time I post here but I always read other...
  6. Y

Opinions on Vests

Hi :) I want to say .. I am happy my son is getting the vest .. and I wanted to share it with someone that understood as I know if I say this at work or with friends they would be like good for him but would not really get it hehe. So, my question is what is your opinion on your vest? My son...
  7. Y

How often do you sterilize nebs?

I use a new disinfected in the morning, once used I rinse it with tap water and let it dry, then use again in the afternoon. After this it goes to a basket, and once I finish using my stack of clean ones I fill the basket wit hot boiling water, add chlorine and let disinfect for a few hours...
  8. Y

New in the club... :-(

Hi Kaethe, for a second I thought your daughter had the same mutations as my son (F508/R1158X)... I hadn't meet or heard of anyone yet with the same mutations so I got excited haha. My son was diagnosed after a few weeks of being born, because he had a Meconium illus (his large intestine was...
  9. Y

Hi Kaethe, for a second I thought your daughter had the same mutations as my son (F508/R1158X)... I hadn't meet or heard of anyone yet with the same mutations so I got excited haha. My son was diagnosed after a few weeks of being born, because he had a Meconium illus (his large intestine was...
  10. Y

Hi Kaethe, for a second I thought your daughter had the same mutations as my son (F508/R1158X)... I hadn't meet or heard of anyone yet with the same mutations so I got excited haha. <br /> <br />My son was diagnosed after a few weeks of being born, because he had a Meconium illus (his large...