Covid booster shots

missT

Cfers, are you all planning to get a booster shot once available? Asking for the Cfers that have low FEV1 but not transplants

stephen

Super Moderator
Cfers, are you all planning to get a booster shot once available? Asking for the Cfers that have low FEV1 but not transplants
I got a booster 6.5 months after the second Maderna shot. If it doesn’t hurt, why not. 79 years old, FEV1 about 42%.

stephen

Super Moderator
I got a third Moderna shot. It was approved, and actually recommended by several of my doctors including my immunologist and CF doctor.

Last edited:

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Signed up my teen for a pfizer booster in a couple weeks. His clinic is in a different state which is only vaccinating individuals over the age of 65; however, our health department has indicated anyone 18 and over with an underlying health condition, senior citizens and individuals working in congregate living or hospital situation should receive a booster.

Fibro7

I posted this yesterday on a different thread:

I was told by my CF doctor that I was crazy for not getting the experimental vaccine and when I told him I was uneasy with the amount of political censorship on the subject, he told me that it was right to censor those who disagree with him on the subject and no amount of impressive credentials or experience on their part should alter that policy.

This as well as many other things have me taking a pass on just about anything the medical community has to say at this point. I pretty much just keep up the relationship to get certain meds I can’t live without. That doesn't make them right about everything though.

I have have seen first hand several of my friends and my wife recover very quickly from this years Flu with alternate treatment protocols such as Ivermectin including many country and statewide studies and even have experienced providers wiling to prescribe it and still the censorship continues to everyone’s detriment.

The whole conversation is so political and I would love CF resources that could help me get the care I need without the liberal political agenda.

Today I had a clinic visit and the doctor reiterated that the science on this vaccine is so solid that no disagreement should be tolerated. i told him that is never acceptable in genuine science, only in politics and is exactly why I don’t trust it.

It really hurts when the monopoly you put so much of your live into strengthening, destroys your trust. The network I used to look to for support and protection is now the one I feel I have to work around To maintain my freedom which the foundation of real safety.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I have a couple relatives who caught covid and it wasn't something they recovered from quickly. Close friend of the family died. One (no cf) is a "long-hauler" who suffers from debilitating headaches, brain fog and some neurological side effects. Still has a lingering cough as well.

Our household got vaccinated as soon as we were able. And I plan to get a booster when available.