Sweat test result in child very very low

rainy

Hi guys! Im all new here ,hoping to get some answers. My boy had a sweat test which it was negative 9.36 im a bit confused though cause official guidelines say that lowest detection value is 10! What with the below 10 value? Im a bit worried that something was not done right. Is this normal to have below lower detection value? Thank you and forgive my grammar im Greek. TIA

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I would push for more answers to rule out CF. And if not CF, then what is causing his health issue. The only conclusive determination would be for a blood test. There are over 2000 mutations for cystic fibrosis. While my son has the most common mutation, his sweat test was normal.

rainy

I would push for more answers to rule out CF. And if not CF, then what is causing his health issue. The only conclusive determination would be for a blood test. There are over 2000 mutations for cystic fibrosis. While my son has the most common mutation, his sweat test was normal.
I know that the test is normal :) was just curious as it why many official guidelines give lowest detection value as 10 while my hoy had 9.36..may i ask what values did your son had? For sure i will push for more answers! Thanx again for replying :)

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure how the guidelines are set up now, but ds had a normal 32 and I think 60 was the start of what was considered borderline