1. dbtoo2

Am I tired of this work?

Thank you Imogene!
  2. dbtoo2

Beth Sufian's guide to insurance

The link no longer was working
  3. dbtoo2

Abilify and Trikafta?

what does the PDR day about abilify . An austistic child my not be capable of voicing concerns when they've experienced side affects! kalydeco is in the PDR. but not trikafta yet.
  4. dbtoo2

Inhaled Tobi vs. Tobramycin

Ask the Dr to mark your perscription for TOBI as 'medically necessary' 'dispense as written'. The insurance company and state laws allow for the substitution of drugs for generics if they don't mark it as dispense as written. i've found the generic tobramycin, depending on the manufacturer...
  5. dbtoo2

High Cholesterol on trikafta?

I have a similar experience. Dizziness too!
  6. dbtoo2

Scared about the future?

what if tomorrow comes? What if tomorrow comes? All your life you're told, that you will never grow too old. Your life defined by a DNA strand, mutated uncontrolled. "Don't expect to be able to do, like others without this disease." "You can't", "You shouldn't", "You must not", of these we...
  7. dbtoo2

Looking for CF doctor in Southwest Florida

Dr. Daniel Layish - Orlando Fl. - http://www.cfpulmonary.com/services/cfpg-adult-cystic-fibrosis-center/ Tell him his 60 yr old non-compliant obese cf patient sent you (That's what TGH Tampa CF Clinic said about me when they refused me to come to their tampa clinic.) Dr. Layish has been...
  8. dbtoo2

Creon 24

Here is a description of "Zenpep (pancrelipase) is a combination of three enzymes (proteins): lipase, protease, and amylase. These enzymes are normally produced by the pancreas and are important in the digestion of fats, proteins, and sugars." Opinion Only! - Yeah, it was 'common' that the...
  9. dbtoo2

Change in prescription category for Creon

try switching to zenpep switch to Zenpep. looks like it should be on the formulary. ok, the link didn't work... https://www11.anthem.com/ca/pharmacyinformation/
  10. dbtoo2

Nebulized Tobi vs. Tobi Podhaler

podhaler is really great to get for traveling!
  11. dbtoo2

Oldest Person With CF

It wasn't the CF clinic, it was a local radiology place, which probably has some 3rd world staff read the xrays...
  12. dbtoo2

Oldest Person With CF

I recently had a sinus CT scan, requested by my CF Doc to 'eliminate the possibility of polyps in a 58 year old with cystic fibrosis'. The moron who read the xray wrote in their dx that it couldn't be related to CF because people with CF don't live that long. ... what a moron...
  13. dbtoo2

job implications from CF

Opinion only... Your mileage may vary... I ran into this type of question when I was about 19. I had worked in a couple of factories, dirty places with welding, glues, paint and such, and it didn't have a great impact on my health (it didn't hurt me either at the time.) I then worked for an...
  14. dbtoo2

Importance of online communities

I found this forum in the nick of time, I felt for sure I'd lose my mind. I thought compassion was what I'd find. Instead I found reality. I thought you'd share my hurt and fear, Encourage my heart and hold me near, Coddle my needs and treat me dear, Instead I got the truth. I asked a...
  15. dbtoo2

CF sweetness...and then scariness!

http://www.duckbrand.com/products/duck-tape/color-duck-tape/937 No, it comes in blue now... and many other cute colors and patterns...
  16. dbtoo2

Keep the faith

i can remember when i was 15, thinking that 30 - double my age at that time - was REALLY old! I can remember at 30 getting my first tattoo. I got remarried at 33 and it's now going on a quarter century of wedded bliss. As a kid i recall thinking, how old would I be if I made it to the...
  17. dbtoo2

Seven Dwarfs of CF. What one are you today!

definately Salty....
  18. dbtoo2

Kalydeco

I finally agreed to go on it. As long as I'm fairly consistent with the 12 hour window for taking the med, I have a significant reduction in mucus! It's really been amazing. If I miss the 12 hours (forget a dose or whatever), then the mucus almost instantaneously increases. Docs say, they...
  19. dbtoo2

Moving to Florida from the Rockies, Need Advice.

There are lots of townhouse and apartments with 1 car garages. They can be about the same price as renting a house! If you have to work, then you need to consider the road systems for where you have to travel to/from. Where I live, at rush hour, it takes about 20 minutes to go 2 miles to get...
  20. dbtoo2

Moving to Florida from the Rockies, Need Advice.

Hyde Park is expensive! I go over to the CF Clinic in Orlando. Dr. Layish. He is excelent. I tried to get into the Adult CF clinic in TGH, but they only took you by recommendation and after reviewing what my docs at USF said, I was labled by them as 'morbidly obese' and 'non-compliant'...