Search results

1. K

9 years since borderline sweat & 1 gene mutation found. Retest??

Hi, I’m back on here stalking all of the forums looking for answers. It’s been quite a while since I posted last. A quick refresher, my daughter had 2 sweat tests done in 2010 with results of 40 & 44. Genetic testing was done and showed the gene G576A and 7t,7t. She was followed by a...
  2. K

What does 7t, 7t mean? Also, advice on missing school.

We are still in limbo over my daughters diagnosis. We are waiting for PCD blood work to come back, as the biopsy was unconclusive. But as I was looking over some of the papers the doc handed me, I noticed they had put G576A, 7t,7t. I knew her mutation was G576A but was does the 7t, 7t mean? I...
  3. K

Question about genetic testing

Hi, it has been a while since I have posted anything. A brief history on my almost 10 yr old, she started having problems around the age of 3 with asthma and coughing fits. At age 7 she got h1n1 and pnuemonia, hospitalized and got it 3 more times that year. The last 3 years she was on I dont...
  4. K

Advice for my 8 year old

<P>Hello again. I know I probably complain alot but my 8 year old has had health problems for the past 2 years and the only thing that is improving is her asthma. Her fev's are the best they have been also but she is still having random fevers, cough that wont go away, stomach problems, sinus...
  5. K

Fev's up but switching meds??

<P>Hi! It's been a while since I have posted anything but I always read these forums. I was wondering, my daughter's pfts were the best they have ever been at fev 112%. I was floored!! She had just been on prednisone for 5 days but still! Anyways, she keeps having episodes of needing to be on...
  6. K

Quick question

I was just wondering how many sweat tests did you or your child have done? Especially if the results were "borderline"? And, I was also wondering if there is any difference in the results the older you get? My daughter had 2 done over a year ago, 30 and 44. We have been from one test to another...
  7. K

daughter is sick

Hi, my 8 year old has had a constant cough since thursday, started running 100-101 fever, and looking horrible. I took her to the ped and they tested for strep which was negative. I called her pulmo and she put her on steriod for 5 days. Saturday morning she was coughing constantly and her peak...
  8. K

on-going fever's

Hey, I haven't posted in a while because I haven't had any questions and my 8 year old has had a pretty good winter! Her pft's have been good, 89-95%. She finally got in with a gi at musc and he did all kinds of test and found out her thyroid levels were high, so we are going to see an...
  9. K

G576A mutation found

Well, we went to musc childrens this week and I found out Kaylins gene is G576A. The test that mayo did was the full panel and they search for over 1500 mutations! I was relieved to hear that. The doc said there could still be one that is not identified though but he feels that if we can get her...
  10. K

Going to back to pulmo.....help with questions plz!

Hi, It's me again. I am truly very thankful for you guys! Okay, we are going back to Kaylins pulmo on the 14th and I am going to ask him about ambry. She had a genetic test done at mayo and they found 1 mutation. But, as you all know, that just raised red flags for me! She has all of the resp...
  11. K

question about gi problems

My 7 year old has not been diagnosed with cf but she has to go to her pulmo every 6-8 weeks for pfts and to be weighed. She has had every test imaginable and her sweat tests were 30 and 44. So, we dont know if she really has it or not. But, anyways back to my question....she is taking miralax...
  12. K

Still confused!

I am sorry to sound so uninformed about all of this but it is very scary and not real clear to me. I posted questions under another topic but I need more answers. My 7 year old has alot of resp. problems. She has been diagnosed with severe asthma and she has sinus problems. She got her adenoids...