Search results

1. T

My daughter needs a friend

Hi my daughter is 11 years old and she had been having a really hard time over the past several months. She was hospitalized 2 times in 2 months. She is staying home from school throughout cold and flu season in order to to keep her as healthy as possible. She has friends that she speaks to...
  2. T

Class trip

Hi my twin boys (both cfers) are supposed to be going on a class trip to Howe Cavern in Upstate New York. The caves are about 100 feet underground. I called today inquiring about the air quality, mold etc... I was told that it is damp and humid but that the openings in the caves allows the...
  3. T

A glimpse of my cfers

Hi all I made a short video of my kids. I am sure all you can relate. We are participating in freezing for cystic fibrosis on April 11. Check out the video https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lKmZiFEVIsk
  4. T

Is really cold weather bad for cf'ers

I was wondering if exposure to extreme cold temperatures is bad for cf'ers. We are have a bit of a cold blast here in New York. My kids want to go out and play. Dh says it isn't a good idea. Any opinions?
  5. T

Does this happen to anyone

<div style="text-align: left;"><br></div>
  6. T

Really stupid ?

Is it ok to breath in skunk smell. The dog just got sprayed. The smell is all over the house. Gina Mom to Sophia 3 w/cf, Peter & Gavin 20 month w/cf, df508 & ps849x
  7. T

Marriage issues

I am writing because I need advice from parents with cf children or teens/adults with cf. I have 3 babies with cf a 3 year old and 20 month old twins. My 3 year old's daily regime is pretty intense and the twins are not as bad but it is times 2. I am a stay at home mom and manage all the care...
  8. T

Is it common?

My daughter is 3 years old she has been in the hospital for almost two weeks for an acute exacerbation. She cultured serratia. Her baseline is no cough. She is suppose to go home on tuesday but she is still coughing. She has improved but is not completely better. In the past she has cultured...
  9. T

Hospitalizations

Hi I usally don't write I mostly read. However, I am really concerned about my daughter. She is 3 years old and in the hospital on ivs. This is her third hospitaliztion in 16 months. Last May she was hospitalized after the doc did a bronchcoscopy. She had a light growth of PA. She has been on...