Search results

1. T

Lynch Syndrome

Has anyone on here with CF also been diagnosed with Lynch Syndrome? Since Lynch Syndrome and CF both put you at high risk for colon cancer, and I have both, my doctors are considering doing a prophylactic colectomy...but I'd really like to find someone else who has maybe been through this.
  2. T

Transplant and Mycobacterium abscessus

I'm posting this because I have a friend who tests positive for mycobacterium abscessus and she needs a transplant. She can't find a center that will transplant her. Does anybody know of any places that can help her?
  3. T

Coping with Christmas after a loss

I hope it's ok that I'm posting this in the "Remembering" forum. I figured this may be a topic a lot of people could use some help with and that a lot of people have dealt with. 4 years ago, my fiance's brother died of CF at age 25. My fiance also has CF and received a transplant within 2...
  4. T

Ear tubes and sinus infections

Hi all! I don't regularly post, but I always appreciate everyone's insight on things so... For the past few years I've had increasingly bad sinus infections that usually manifest as headaches and ear popping. It's kind of strange, but I can almost always breathe through my nose. The problem is...
  5. T

How to transition into SSDI

I'm 25 and recently my CF has gotten to the point where it's very difficult to keep up with my part time job (20 hours a week).  I used to work 30 hours a week so that I'd have hours "banked" for the time I'd take off during hospitalizations.  Now that I can barely keep up with the minimum I'm...
  6. T

Cepacia has ruined my relationship with my sister

I am in a tough situation and (fortunately, I suppose) I haven't found anyone else who is in it. My sister has CF and has had cepacia for several years now. Since I also have CF, I have put forth great efforts to avoid getting it. I've moved out of my home, I wear a mask when I'm around them...
  7. T

Cepacia has ruined my relationship with my sister

I am in a tough situation and (fortunately, I suppose) I haven't found anyone else who is in it. My sister has CF and has had cepacia for several years now. Since I also have CF, I have put forth great efforts to avoid getting it. I've moved out of my home, I wear a mask when I'm around them...