Search results

1. N

Question on residual function

Can someone tell me how to find out which mutations are considered residual function? I saw where vertex is doing a new study on one df508 and one with a residual function. My kids have a class I mutation and a df508. Thanks.
  2. N

genetic counseling

This is a question for Lou Lou: Hello, my name is Nikole and I am a mom of soon-to-be four kids. We have a 5 year old daughter with CF (delta F508 and 711+1G>T), a 3 year old daughter with negative sweat test and negative newborn screening, a 1 year old daughter with negative sweat test but...
  3. N

DF508 and 711+1G>T

Hi, I have a 5 year old daughter who was born with a severe bowel obstruction. She had malrotation, volvulus, and apple peel jejunal atresia. It was an unexpected nightmare. We were told that she wouldn't make it and if she did she would be short bowel and on feeding tubes, etc. She pulled...
  4. N

DF508 question

Hi, I have a 5 year old daughter who was born with a severe bowel obstruction. She had malrotation, volvulus, and apple peel jejunal atresia. It was an unexpected nightmare. We were told that she wouldn't make it and if she did she would be short bowel and on feeding tubes, etc. She pulled...
  5. N

DF508 question

6. N

considering a 3rd - need advice

Hi, I am the mom of a almost 4 year old with CF (delta F508 and 711+1G>T) and 1-1/2 year old with no CF. I want so bad to have one more but I'm worried about having another with CF. My daughter is doing great; no lung issues so far; just stomach issues and obstruction at birth; any advice?