Search results

1. C

Marathon: Is it healthy or not?

Shorter distances I am a 37 y/o CF and run. Well, no new land speed records broken, but jogging is done. I have never had better lung function, now over 100%, even when I was a relatively fit teen. I only run up to 15kms at the moment, but I've done some research and half marathons seem...
  2. C

Progression of symptoms

Ah Brematt I was diagnosed at birth (because of salty skin) and so had physio every day. I have worse digestion problems than lung, although as i get older the digestion has smoothed out and i am more aware of how to eat and drink to minimise enzymes for peak nutrition - just listening to the...
  3. C

Progression of symptoms

Ah Brematt I was diagnosed at birth (because of salty skin) and so had physio every day. I have worse digestion problems than lung, although as i get older the digestion has smoothed out and i am more aware of how to eat and drink to minimise enzymes for peak nutrition - just listening to the...
  4. C

Progression of symptoms

5. C

mycobacterium chelonae

Sorry never heard of Chelonae but maybe you could email a couple of diff hospitals around the place and ask them to ask any patients to contact you on their experiences.
  6. C

Kidney damage

Great advice Debbie.I do a bit of a detox too. Plenty of juice and water, plenty of veggies, particularly green leafy plants - spinach etc, and nuts in the shell taste great, aren't sprayed with preservatives (the shell is the preservative) and contain heaps of calcium - good for bones - good...
  7. C

COmmitment to a man with CF

TO BCongratulations on meeting and enjoying time with the love of your life, and my sincerest condolences on losing him. I have also met the love of my life, he worries about cf. Every now and then I notice he has looked up info of cf on the web. I keep telling him all that he reads is not...
  8. C

ALTERNATIVE MEDICINES

Sorry - hadn't logged in. The last message is mine. thanks again for replies
  9. C

weighing too much?

hii am about 10kg - 22pound - overweight and now losing it. i got to 85kg at 5'4" (190pound approx) and am now down to 65kg (143pound). I'd like to lose that last 10 pound. I did it by completely cutting out junk food including fish and chips, twisties, muesli bars(full of sugars) etc and...
  10. C

especially for women

i am new to cf.com but it's so good to be able to read what you have to say about things. a few very relvant topics for me are the weak bladder muscles (Kegels). Kegels really help me. Any healthy douches or something to get rid of the smell that sometimes happens eg: when you are jumping at a...
  11. C

ALTERNATIVE MEDICINES

Has anyone tried alternative medicines or practices to help with controlling CF? For example yoga, acupuncture, special diets (eg: no dairy, no wheat) or anything else?I have had good results with yoga. My instructor is properly accredited and shows me great exercises to do at home to open up...
  12. C

Girl issues

Hi DebbieThat's an interesting question. I have dryness 'down there', in periods of a week or so, for no apparent reason but it seems to revolve around my period a bit. I know i get dry mouth a bit but I have put that down to my pancrease (enzymes) as i take over 80 per day. i get bloating a...
  13. C

Flu Shot

here is aus we're told to get them annually. if i go to the clinic and haven't had it, one is soon found and administered - the little bit of risk is probably not worth the issues caused by the nasty strains they prevent.
  14. C

Dating?! I need some advice fast!!!

Look mate, i'm a chick and i have cf and the worst thing for me is blokes worrying about me during sex.If i'm having a coughing fit on top we roll over after the fit, i tend to only cough during sex if i've got a bad infection. fifteen minutes after is when all the phlegm seems to come to the...
  15. C

pregnant CF woman needs reassurance

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!I am a 29 y/o cfer and trying to get pregnant with my wonderful partner. I have discussed this with my doctor and he says go for it if i have a good support base with my family and partner because i'll need them. I hope you have this with your extended family and...
  16. C

Yeast infections in women please help!

It's amazing the havoc a few billion microscopic buggers can wreak!I have spoken to many about this problem - recently on a girls night away.One of the girls is a dietician and she reckons only eat the (more expensive) pot set yoghurts, not the crappy runny stuff they try to sell you - it's full...
  17. C

Is anyone able to work a full time job?

Hi. I am a cf and currently working parttime in australia (being australian). My defacto partner pays most of the bills and the mortgage on our house. I earn prbably 30% of the wage. I am so fortunate to live in australia i think. All my doc appts are free, i live 2000km (yes, 2 thousand!)...