Search results

1. A

2942insT

2942insT Thia is the mutation I carry- apparently it is rare-anyone have it?
  2. A

CF Siblings- where are you?

Hi Hailley! I am also a "CF sibling". My sister had CF and passed away at the age of 29 in 2005. I was 24 at the time. It has been a while since your post, so let me know if you are still on here!
  3. A

Considering a second child...What did you do?

Just to share my thougts as well....my husband and I are also trying to decide on PGD or donor sperm. We are both carriers and our daughter DOES NOT (Thank YOU GOD) have cf. But my sister did. I spend my whole life knowing that I'd eventually lose her and 6 years ago, I did. Knowing what she...
  4. A

Just to share my thougts as well....my husband and I are also trying to decide on PGD or donor sperm. We are both carriers and our daughter DOES NOT (Thank YOU GOD) have cf. But my sister did. I spend my whole life knowing that I'd eventually lose her and 6 years ago, I did. Knowing what she...
  5. A

6. A

7. A

8. A

9. A

10. A

11. A

12. A

Sperm Donor

Funny thing is...the mutation I carry is one of those very rare ones. I only know about it b/c my sister had CF. The 97 panel would not detect mine! I know the chance is small, but still..... Did u have the option of having the donor tested for more mutations? Do u mind sharing which sperm bank...
  13. A

Sperm Donor

Funny thing is...the mutation I carry is one of those very rare ones. I only know about it b/c my sister had CF. The 97 panel would not detect mine! I know the chance is small, but still..... Did u have the option of having the donor tested for more mutations? Do u mind sharing which sperm bank...
  14. A

Sperm Donor

15. A

Husband with CF, fertility options and costs?

Hey Damndisease! I too have thought about using donor sperm b/c my husband and I are both carriers- can you share your experience, tips, insights, etc? THX
  16. A

Hey Damndisease! I too have thought about using donor sperm b/c my husband and I are both carriers- can you share your experience, tips, insights, etc? THX
  17. A

Hey Damndisease! <br />I too have thought about using donor sperm b/c my husband and I are both carriers- can you share your experience, tips, insights, etc? THX
  18. A

Sperm Donor

MY husband and I are both carriers. We have talked about using a sperm donor to greatly reduce thet chances of passing on CF to a child. The sperm bank I looked into tests for 97 mutations. Anyone have any experience with this?
  19. A

Sperm Donor

MY husband and I are both carriers. We have talked about using a sperm donor to greatly reduce thet chances of passing on CF to a child. The sperm bank I looked into tests for 97 mutations. Anyone have any experience with this?
  20. A

Sperm Donor