Search results

1. M

Enterovirus 68 and Cystic Fibrosis

My daughter just started public school after always being homeschooled. Her Lung function is 45% at best. Now I am hearing about this new virus hitting the US and am very frightened. What is your thoughts about this virus and CF? Has your doctors said anything regarding it? Thank you
  2. M

Soil and CF?

What are your thoughts on being around soil, sandboxes, gardens? Thank you
  3. M

Dental surgery and antibiotics

My 14 year old DD, will be having a small dental surgery in which they will be pulling 2 teeth. I was wondering about the need to start antibiotics before or after surgery?? The nurse had mentioned it, but wanted to ask you guys and her CF doctor if it is needed? She has cultured MSSA and MRSA...
  4. M

hiccups and throat

Hi, I was wondering if any of you have experienced hiccups or a feeling of something stuck in the throat? My 14 year old daughter keeps getting hiccups and she said it feels like there is something stuck in her throat. She says it is just a real annoying feeling, like she needs to burp but...
  5. M

hiccups and throat

Hi, I was wondering if any of you have experienced hiccups or a feeling of something stuck in the throat? My 14 year old daughter keeps getting hiccups and she said it feels like there is something stuck in her throat. We first thought it was indigestion but wont go away. Thanks for your help!
  6. M

Tobi Pod-haler! How to use Tobi pod-haler and personal experience

Hi!!! Here is a video showing how to use the tobi-podhaler (tobramycin inhalation powder) and personal tips! Just Thought maybe a few curious cfer's wanted to know how it works ;)Hope you Enjoy
  7. M

When to check blood sugar levels after meal

I was wanting to know how long to wait before checking blood sugar levels after a meal? My 12 year old daughter is newly diagnosed, so we are fairly new to the cfrd and I have been checking it 30 min after. Thanks
  8. M

Allergic Reaction in Sputum culture?

A few weeks ago my daughter was coughing up these hard dark greenish pieces in her sputum. I collected one and took it to her CF clinic. The results came back as high white blood cell count, bacteria and something else.....I don't remember what her doctor called it but said it was some kind of...
  9. M

Social Security with CF children?

I was wondering how many of you have social security for a child with CF?? We are really struggling with all the copays, insurance premiums, and hospital deductibles. I know there has to be help out there with children with CF. Thanks for your input =]
  10. M

Do you take Mucinex??

I was wondering how many of you take Mucinex on a regular basis??
  11. M

daughter keeps getting sick!!

Hi Everyone, This is my first time on this website and I am desperatly seeking some advice. My 11 year old daughter with CF just keeps getting sick... what I mean by that is she has been hospitalized 7 times since January 2009. With the latest hospitalization at the end of August 2010. Her PFT...