Search results

1. C

Anyone else have trouble with RT's while in hospital

Ugh, found this thread while browsing and it makes me cringe. I'm sooo sorry for some of the experiences you have had! My old school training makes me more inclined to do hand CPT unless the patient arrives with a vest because we don't have those in our inventory, just little air-powered...
  2. C

Patiently Waiting for a Call

Funny to get an email from the CF Forums today, it being the third anniversary of Heather's passing in ICU. I marked it by stepping out the door of an airplane yesterday, the top of Heather's Bucket list that we did not get to do. No jumpsuit this time, just a bathing suit, sandals, and one of...
  3. C

Farewell Dear Heather

It has been exactly one year ago today since Heather left. Her life was commemorated today by a beginning of her Bucket List. A school friend of hers and I went to jump out of an airplane at 12,500 ft with a tandem instructor in the morning, something Heather said over and over again that she...
  4. C

Good bye, my love

Thought of you today and hope all is well with a new baby girl in your arms. Wishing you much strength.... john
  5. C

Good bye, my love

Thought of you today and hope all is well with a new baby girl in your arms. Wishing you much strength.... john
  6. C

Prayers...advice...anything

Has your husband had any infections that can be traced to the ventilator? One of the big problems with a vent is that the patient is really susceptible to getting pneumonias that can be traced to the tube itself or lung hygiene that has not been totally effective. Most hospitals want a patient...
  7. C

Prayers...advice...anything

Has your husband had any infections that can be traced to the ventilator? One of the big problems with a vent is that the patient is really susceptible to getting pneumonias that can be traced to the tube itself or lung hygiene that has not been totally effective. Most hospitals want a patient...
  8. C

Farewell Dear Heather

Gone six months today, and I can still see her face and hear her voice (and still have some of her texts in my phone). On her December birthday we released balloons with messages on them at the cemetery, and on Valentines she was covered in flowers. Her cat is lying by me as I type. Gone but...
  9. C

Farewell Dear Heather

Gone six months today, and I can still see her face and hear her voice (and still have some of her texts in my phone). On her December birthday we released balloons with messages on them at the cemetery, and on Valentines she was covered in flowers. Her cat is lying by me as I type. Gone but...
  10. C

cure for chronic rejection

Priorities are all wrong in the world. If the money that was poured into the pockets of rap 'musicians' in one year could be diverted to research, I am sure we would have a cure. Don't even start on the money going into the national sport, NASCAR. I firmly believe the money is available to fix...
  11. C

Priorities are all wrong in the world. If the money that was poured into the pockets of rap 'musicians' in one year could be diverted to research, I am sure we would have a cure. Don't even start on the money going into the national sport, NASCAR. I firmly believe the money is available to fix...
  12. C

Priorities are all wrong in the world. If the money that was poured into the pockets of rap 'musicians' in one year could be diverted to research, I am sure we would have a cure. Don't even start on the money going into the national sport, NASCAR. <br /> <br />I firmly believe the money is...
  13. C

And the service was quite beautiful. Many, many people there. We had a continuous photo show of Heather on the large screen, her mom made it through a tearful eulogy, and the music went very well. It was a fine opportunity to meet her large and extended family who had flown in from all over...
  14. C

And the service was quite beautiful. Many, many people there. We had a continuous photo show of Heather on the large screen, her mom made it through a tearful eulogy, and the music went very well. It was a fine opportunity to meet her large and extended family who had flown in from all over...
  15. C

And the service was quite beautiful. Many, many people there. We had a continuous photo show of Heather on the large screen, her mom made it through a tearful eulogy, and the music went very well. It was a fine opportunity to meet her large and extended family who had flown in from all over. <br...
  16. C

So here it is, Saturday, and Heather's funeral gathering is in two hours. I am supposed to get up and speak to what will be a large crowd, and I'm still not sure what I am going to say. How do I condense a wonderful life down into meanings? Her daughter Mackinzie and I are going to do our duet...
  17. C

So here it is, Saturday, and Heather's funeral gathering is in two hours. I am supposed to get up and speak to what will be a large crowd, and I'm still not sure what I am going to say. How do I condense a wonderful life down into meanings? Her daughter Mackinzie and I are going to do our duet...
  18. C

19. C

Farewell Dear Heather

On Thursday August 18th, Heather Rachelle Best of Wenatchee, Washington passed peacefully in the ICU at the University of Washington in Seattle. She was 25 and had fought hard after her new lungs were placed in April. Despite much love and care from family and medical staff, the rejection won...
  20. C

Farewell Dear Heather

On Thursday August 18th, Heather Rachelle Best of Wenatchee, Washington passed peacefully in the ICU at the University of Washington in Seattle. She was 25 and had fought hard after her new lungs were placed in April. Despite much love and care from family and medical staff, the rejection won...