Search results

1. B

Science Question Regarding CF

So I did a science fair project for my school, using corn seeds and turmeric. Now, in seeds, no matter which way you turn them, the roots will bend and grow downwards, a process called gravitropism. It is caused by a hormone called auxin (stored in the tips of the roots) which is activated by...
  2. B

For Beautifulsoul

hey amber, i know you're on right now. do you have aim? mine is chessielover1235. do you want to talk? katie
  3. B

Question on Cepacia

I know that normally CFers can't hang with each other b/c they could spread cepacia. BUt say two CFers want to hang out. They have doctor appnts, neither have cepacia, and both are in relatively good health (like, no cold or flu, etc). Would it be safe for them to hang out together, like at a...
  4. B

Jokes!

Everyone needs to laugh once in a while! Three women are about to be executed for crimes. One's a brunette, one's a redhead, and one's a blonde. Two guards brings the brunette forward, and the executioner asks if she has any last requests. She says no, and the executioner shouts, "Ready . . ...
  5. B

karate

anyone do it? anyone like it? I'm a red belt in kenpo karate at Americas best defense. I love it, and the cool moves and weapons. katie
  6. B

Poetic Justice

Okay, I just thought that this was IMMENSELY amusing and totally poetic justice! In the third or fourth grade (sometime before I was diagnosed) this kid Steven always teased and made fun of me because my two front teeth were stained (before I was diagnosed, when I was really diagnosed, I had...
  7. B

Lingering Colds

After my family came home from vacation, I caught a cold. Now my nose is congested, I have a very productive cough. I start school on Tues and was hoping to be healthy by then. I know I'll probably just have to let it run it's course, but does anyone have any ideas to shorten it's duration...
  8. B

CF Recipes, Pretty Please!

Hey, like most people know, I am creating a CF cookbook with recipes and stories for/about CFers. If anyone is willing to contribute, please email me at gwen.feeley@comcast.net (gwen dot feeley @ comcast dot net) or post here. Thanks! Katie
  9. B

Hey, like most people know, I am creating a CF cookbook with recipes and stories for/about CFers. If anyone is willing to contribute, please email me at gwen.feeley@comcast.net (gwen dot feeley @ comcast dot net) or post here. Thanks! Katie
  10. B

11. B

12. B

13. B

Pulled Muscle in Chest...Ouch...

Okay, I just got home yesterday after vacationing in Maine for a week and most of my family has a cold. So I went to bed kind of late and was trying to go to sleep. Well, I felt anxious (you know how that is, you're so tired and useless guilt gets you?) so I did some deep breathing to calm down...
  14. B

Thanks everyone who already sent some in. If you're new, I'm trying to create a cookbook for CFers with recipes for/by Cfers. I have a few already (special thanks to Julie, and everyone else), but could definately use more, if you wouldn't mind. Thanks so much! You can email them to me at...
  15. B

Fave Recipes for CF Cookbook, Please :D

Hi, I put this in the other sections, too. I'm trying to put together a cookbook for CFers and would love to have some of your fave recipes and stories, if you have any. It would be a huge help. See, I'm going to try and sell them or get the CF Foundation to sell them as a fundraiser for CF. So...
  16. B

Recipes for CF Cookbook(please)

HELP RAISE $ FOR RESEARCH!!! READ THIS PAGE!!!! (please) Hey, guys. Okay, so I asked for some creative fundraising ideas, and Carey gave me the idea to create a recipe book for CFers with their fave recipes and personal stories. So now, I'm writing you guys to ask if you wouldn't mind sending...
  17. B

embarrasing moments

hey, does anyone have any embarassing moments? i get embarrassed all the time in school. (this is kt's sis, meg) whenever theres another girl named megan in my class, its so confusing! the teacher will say, "megan, please read aloud." and we'll both start reading! and usually he was talking to...
  18. B

Help Raise $ For Research! Read This Page!!!!

Hi! Okay, so I posted a question asking for creative fundraising ideas in the Families section, and one of the awesome ideas I got (thanks, Carey!) was to get a recipe book together, with patients and/or patients' friends/family's favorite recipes and stories. So....I'm writing now to ask you...
  19. B

Help Raise $ For Research! Read This Page!!!!

Hi! Okay, so I posted a question asking for creative fundraising ideas in the Families section, and one of the awesome ideas I got (thanks, Carey!) was to get a recipe book together, with patients and/or patients' friends/family's favorite recipes and stories. So....I'm writing now to ask you...
  20. B

HELP RAISE $ FOR RESEARCH!!! READ THIS PAGE!!!! (please)

Help Raise $ For Research! Read This Page!!!! Hi! Okay, so I posted a question asking for creative fundraising ideas in the Families section, and one of the awesome ideas I got (thanks, Carey!) was to get a recipe book together, with patients and/or patients' friends/family's favorite recipes...