Search results

1. N

Doing the vest while inverted!?!

I've had this idea and wondered lately.. Sometimes it's really hard to get out mucus that's deep down.. They sell all these inversion therapy devices these days like the teeter hang ups table, or better yet, the boots from the 80s with the hooks that you free hang upside down from. If you found...
  2. N

Exercise drink for someone with CFRD???

I just got a stationary bike. I want to start using it today and I'm wondering which sports beverages would be best- I want something like Gatorade that has the electrolytes and all that crap, but doesn't have the carbs/sugars because of my CFRD. I've been trying to cut everything out of my life...
  3. N

Question regarding SSI/SSDI

Well, I've been on SSI for 5-6 years now. I'm 25y/o male. I have worked from 2006-2013. My fev1 and lung function plummeted half way through last year. I haven't been able to work at all since. I've been clinging to the hope that I could still go back to work, but now I'm realizing I'm just...
  4. N

Job/career for 25y/o male CF'er with 30% fev1

Im really racking my brain lately trying to figure out what I'm going to do. When I was 18 I moved out on my own and had a decent construction job. After a year of that, the company I worked for went belly up. I moved back home and that experience made me realize I need an education. About half...
  5. N

Whats the best brand of Nebulizer???

I have a pari pro i believe.. and its a piece of garbage. Ive had three of these and I burn them up in 6 months. Dont know how, dont ask. They're also loud buggers. I also find they lose pressure and treatments end up taking me 20+ minutes for each dose of medication. When you have to do two to...
  6. N

feeding tube and enzymes

I just had my first feeding tube placed this week. Ive asked the drs and they havent been able to give me a definitive answer so I know ill be able to get one here. When do you take your enzymes if you run the feeding tube over night while you sleep? Do I just take a full meals dose right when I...
  7. N

Rash around my bottom/scrotum

I have been hospitalized and had a gtube placed which was painful this week. I havent been able to shower or properly cleanse myself due to pain from movement. I noticed two days ago some nasty funk I peeled from my scrotum. Now I am discharged and my scrotum is fine but I noticed a rash about...
  8. N

Testosterone or Anabolic steroids

I have recently started hormone replacement therapy. For the past two years I have had 0 sex drive and I'm 23 year olds. That was the main symptom that led me to get my testosterone checked, even though I can place a check to all the other symptoms that go along with low t such as lethargy...
  9. N

Social Security and Disability

Hi,   I have been on SSI for about 2 years now. I used to get 724$ a month. About 4 months ago I accepted medicare and they take the payment out of my SSI. Now I recieve 609$ per month. I havnt been able to work steady since I filed. I can still work and make up to 900$ a month I believe, and...