Search results

1. M

Vibralung..where can I find it? And for how much?

Thanks a lot Mg930! This is very helpful I will try contacting him as soon as possible.
  2. M

Thank you for you reply Rebjane! I just watched the video explaining how the aerobika works and it sounds a lot like the acapella. The problem - in our case - with this kind of devices is that they need positive expiratory pressure which I know my daughter won't be so cooperative with. This is...
  3. M

Hi all, I was wondering if anybody knows where I can find the Vibralung device for airway clearance? I tried contacting the company more than once but had no answer. I found it through an online retailer but it is sold for $5000 which I feel is too much after going through some posts in this...
  4. M

Welcome to my New Granddaughter

Oh Carol I'm so happy for you and for Connor! I'm glad he's doing much better now, he's a brave little guy and you have every right to be proud of him. Our little CFers are so strong and they go through so much. My girl will be 5 in december. She still doesn't know about CF but she just recently...
  5. M

Best nebulizer recommended for Tobi and Pulmozyme

Thank you Ratatosk! It's always very helpful to hear other people's experiences. I think I will get the Pari LC cups online and settle with the compressor I have for now. I might be coming to the US in December for a follow up for my daughter at Texas Children's Hospital. I will be looking into...
  6. M

This actually is the first time I make sense of the whole nebulizer thing, so thanks a lot for everything!
  7. M

Thank you so much Aboveallislove for the helpful information and links! I am a little bit confused though as I thought the whole device comes containing all the parts (compressor + nebulizer) or at least this is the case with the devices that I bought over here. I always thought I missed...
  8. M

VibraLung Review

Hi CaitlinA, First of all congrats on getting your lung function back and I hope you stay this well and better always :) I have a question though. Did you continue using the vest or any other airway clearing methods alongside the vibralung? I am asking this because I'm considering getting one...
  9. M

My daughter who is almost 5 just recently started doing Pulmozyme and will start Tobi in a few days. Up until now we were doing her nebs using a device that is not specifically recommended for CF meds. I want to look for something online (I live in the middle east and we don't have these types...
  10. M

Anyone started IV antibiotics instead of orals for their first ever infection?

So here's un update on our condition. We tried an oral antibiotic and that did not work. She still cultured H. Influenzae and her cough did not improve. Her dr insisted on the I.V meds and we admitted her for 3 days because we were convinced that nothing else might do the job. Now we're out on...
  11. M

School

Thank you Ratatosk for the helpful links! I will sure be going through them as I was wondering what I should be telling my daughter's school about this and how the hell I'm going to explain it!.
  12. M

Gram stain and culture results for sputum are confusing!!

So my daughter's doctor asked us to test her sputum to see if she has an infection because she's been coughing for too long now (about 2 months). She's 4 and a half years old and this is the first time we have to face this so we're still not familiar with it. I got her results on the phone and...
  13. M

Hi again JustaCFmom, Thank you for all the helpful links! I remember feeling the same when we tested my daughter. I was even very confident that she would eventually turn out to be a carrier, but a positive sweat test AND 2 mutations later we had to face the cruel reality. We also got one...
  14. M

Hi JustaCFmom and thank you so much for your reply! It is actually a little bit of a relief to finally meet someone living so nearby and who is facing this terrible disease. I remember reading about Hadassah before and I even contacted prof. Eitan Kerem once before and he informed that we can...
  15. M

Welcome Ambry Genetics

Hi Steve, I'm not sure if you are still following this thread but I'm going to post my question in hopes of getting an answer. My daughter was diagnosed with CF at birth through newborn screening and CFTR genetic analysis was done at Texas Children's Hospital after almost 2 years of her birth...
  16. M

Hypertonic saline mixed with other medications in the same neb session

Thank you Rebjane! Can't you mix the albuterol and pulmicort as well? We do that based on our doctor's recommendation.
  17. M

Hypertonic saline mixed with other medications in the same neb session

Is it ok to mix hypertonic saline with other medications in the same neb session? My DD is on Combivent (Ipratropium bromide + albuterol sulphate) and pulmicort (Budesonide) and I was wondering if we can mix the HS with them or should we do it seperately?
  18. M

Thank you guys it is really great that one can find such support and encouragement when there isn't much close around. I mean we ARE surrounded by supportive people from both my side and my husband's side of the family, but sometimes all you really need is talking to someone who's taking the...
  19. M

Thank you all for your answers. Yes we do not live in the US and we don't have the kind of care for CF that people in the US usually have. As I said we have to do with doctors who had little training regarding CF and that's what really alarms us on whether our doctor is taking the right approach...
  20. M

I was wondering if any of you were ever put on IV antibiotics for your first infection? My daughter is 4 years old, was diagnosed with CF at birth by newborn screening and has been very healthy since. She recently started coughing (about a month ago) and her doctor insisted on doing a sputum...