Search results

1. M

Vibralung..where can I find it? And for how much?

Hi all, I was wondering if anybody knows where I can find the Vibralung device for airway clearance? I tried contacting the company more than once but had no answer. I found it through an online retailer but it is sold for $5000 which I feel is too much after going through some posts in this...
  2. M

Best nebulizer recommended for Tobi and Pulmozyme

My daughter who is almost 5 just recently started doing Pulmozyme and will start Tobi in a few days. Up until now we were doing her nebs using a device that is not specifically recommended for CF meds. I want to look for something online (I live in the middle east and we don't have these types...
  3. M

Gram stain and culture results for sputum are confusing!!

So my daughter's doctor asked us to test her sputum to see if she has an infection because she's been coughing for too long now (about 2 months). She's 4 and a half years old and this is the first time we have to face this so we're still not familiar with it. I got her results on the phone and...
  4. M

Hypertonic saline mixed with other medications in the same neb session

Is it ok to mix hypertonic saline with other medications in the same neb session? My DD is on Combivent (Ipratropium bromide + albuterol sulphate) and pulmicort (Budesonide) and I was wondering if we can mix the HS with them or should we do it seperately?
  5. M

Anyone started IV antibiotics instead of orals for their first ever infection?

I was wondering if any of you were ever put on IV antibiotics for your first infection? My daughter is 4 years old, was diagnosed with CF at birth by newborn screening and has been very healthy since. She recently started coughing (about a month ago) and her doctor insisted on doing a sputum...
  6. M

Update on my daughter's case, help plz

Hi all.. I just wanted to update you all on my daughter's case, which I wouldn't have thought of doing if it wasn't for the weird things that are happening to us right now! Well, first a very short introduction about my daughter: she was born on december 2010 and her NBS results came positive...
  7. M

Mucus in baby's stool

What does mucus in stool mean? Does it necessarily mean that my baby is pancreatic insufficient? Or is mucus always there in CF patients' stool whether they are PI or PS? I'm asking because my baby has no symptoms until now except for a viscous mucus-y stool. She's growing well but I'm starting...
  8. M

What do you all do?

If one of the parents gets sick, like a cold or the flu (mild or severe) what would you do to protect your CF children from catching it? Like are there certain measures that should be considered when taking care of them? I have an 8 week old baby and I'm her primary caregiver. I'm not sick or...
  9. M

Do you need a prescription?

Do you need a Prescription for the Pari LC Plus nebulizer? And a compressor that goes along with it like PulmoAide or vios? And where did you get yours at? Thanks a lot..
  10. M

Percussors for CPT

Does anyone know where I can get baby size percussors for CPT? Can I order them online? Or if anybody here lives in Houston, Texas and has an idea where they are sold please tell me. My husband's friend lives there and I will tell him to buy them and mail them to me. I appreciate your help...
  11. M

Help Please!

Hi all, I apologize in advance for the long post, but I really have to ask all these unanswered questions that I have or I will literally go crazy! Either from not knowing enough or from thinking I'm not doing enough for my baby. My daughter is almost 7 weeks old now and has no symptoms. We...
  12. M

Our story..need all the help we can get

Hi all, First of all let me apologize for the long post. I'm new here and this is my first time writing, but to be honest I've been lurking around for a couple of weeks now and I've seen how a great community you are and what a good source of support this website is, and when my daughter's...