Search results

1. J

Home from school

My son was having to miss school a lot due to being sick. Even with a 504 plan in place it made it really difficult to keep up. Though the 504 plan is a great tool to have, we had it arranged so that he could do an abbreviated portion of the work. He could take quizzes and test then move on...
  2. J

Need help with Non Compliant Family Members!!!

I had a very frustrating issue with Colts own mother after he was born. Talk about a bad situation! I finally just got downright rude with her and told her that I forbid her irresponsible action around our son and that if it didnt stop I was taking him and leaving! Eventually I left her for that...
  3. J

Difficulty getting tobi

Not sure if you all are aware of this but Walgreens is now the parent company of the CFservices pharmacy so that may help those of in search of TOBI. So I would expect that they could acquire it. I'm gratefull of the level of service that is provided by CFservices pharmacy.
  4. J

21 Month Old

Super Mans Mommy, Your symptoms sound nearly identical to what my son experienced before he was diagnosed at 3 1/2 months old. He had pneumonia 3 times, ear infections, projectile vomiting, blew out diapers like he was full of compressed air, and sweated really bad. His sweat test came back 88...
  5. J

questions about sterilizing nebs

Absolutely, I can't believe they would say that either! I usually have two-three sets of neb cups in rotation every day. That way I can give them a good cleaning/sterilizing after each use. I just cant stand the thought of my son using them without cleaning after every use. They are nothing more...
  6. J

The best airway clearance for me..

It works well for my son too! I often get him to laughing really hard and here it comes!
  7. J

Intermittent low grade fever

My son Colt has had this same issue for about three years, it has happened even when well or when he has cultured something. The one that seems to be associated with it seems to show up around the same time is a rare mold that is hard for them to identify. I am in the hospital with him now, he...
  8. J

Anyone having trouble with their hospital

myohmymary, Actually the the hospital we have had such trouble with in the past is Texas Children's in Houston. Fast forward to today, we left there shortly after another incident that took place over the phone that concerned their refusal to refill his scripts. We are now at Hermann...
  9. J

Anyone else having a tough time with their CF'er?

I have an 11yo boy who is getting increasing obstinate when it comes to treatments! Turn your back on him for a second and he'll "cheek" or just outright expose of his oral meds. It's become absolutely necessary to sit with him during his VEST, huffs and nebs! I'm really getting frustrated...
  10. J

I have an 11yo boy who is getting increasing obstinate when it comes to treatments! Turn your back on him for a second and he'll "cheek" or just outright expose of his oral meds. It's become absolutely necessary to sit with him during his VEST, huffs and nebs! I'm really getting frustrated...
  11. J

12. J

Bathroom humidity

it is the landlord/property owner legal responsibility to protect the tenants from this sort of thing, so if you are in doubt you need to push really hard for proper remedy of the situation! It will probably end up in a fight! But there is no way for it to remedied properly by any kind of device...
  13. J

Bathroom humidity

it is the landlord/property owner legal responsibility to protect the tenants from this sort of thing, so if you are in doubt you need to push really hard for proper remedy of the situation! It will probably end up in a fight! But there is no way for it to remedied properly by any kind of device...
  14. J

Bathroom humidity

15. J

EMR retrieval tool 'full of potential'

They are absolutely wonderful if the staff actually takes the time to "thumb" through them! But I have also seen firsthand that it can bring about problems not when the docs and nurses don't take time to transpose notes correctly from paper to keyboard!
  16. J

They are absolutely wonderful if the staff actually takes the time to "thumb" through them! But I have also seen firsthand that it can bring about problems not when the docs and nurses don't take time to transpose notes correctly from paper to keyboard!
  17. J

18. J

Pulmozyme left out for 5 hours

The pharmaceutical company says 24 hours at room temp then dispose.
  19. J

20. J