Search results

1. C

Port Questions and Memory Loss

I just got out of the hospital a few weeks ago and I'm already sick again. My doctor mentioned a port. For those who have a port, can you tell me about it? Does it hurt? Is it better than an IV? Does it get in the way? <br><br>Second problem, I have horrible memory. Mom says it might have to do...
  2. C

Any Marching Band Members?

This is my fifth year in band and I'm in percussion. I started out on clarinet three years ago but lost the lung power to play it. So now I'm in the Pit and people make fun of me. They say that I'm worthless because I don't march in the field show. I never told them the reason I don't march...
  3. C

Biopsi Tomorrow

So I went to the doctor for the sixth time this month last Friday. He took a look and he believes that the acid in my body has produced Cancer. He ordered a Biopsi tomorrow to have a look and see what needs to be done. If it's not Cancer then there is a possibility the Acid Reflux surgery I had...
  4. C

Wanting a Transplant

I hear all the time of CF people getting their transplants. Mom told me the wait is long and really not worth everything you go through. I wanted to ask people who has had one, is it worth it? Do I get to live longer and happier?
  5. C

Judging Hurts

So I'm a freshmen in high school and I'm learning one thing, people could care less about how you feel. At my school, popularity is everything. Being me at my school is pretty hard. Everyone makes fun of me because I'm so small and I can't do things like other people. Girls say that I'm single...
  6. C

Judging Hurts

So I'm a freshmen in high school and I'm learning one thing, people could care less about how you feel. At my school, popularity is everything. Being me at my school is pretty hard. Everyone makes fun of me because I'm so small and I can't do things like other people. Girls say that I'm single...
  7. C

Not Breathing Right

Hey everyone, please pray for the appointment I have this afternoon. I am going to my CF specialest because I am having trouble breathing. Ever so often in class or at home I just out of no where stop breathing. I am going to the doctor to see what is going on and wether something important...
  8. C

I Don't Understand

I do not understand much about CF, even though I have it. I do not see why all these people around the world do not have to go through what we have to go through. CF takes all my energy away and I have to plan my entire life around hospitals while my friends are getting ready for sleep overs and...
  9. C

Hospital Time

I never have a good time in the hospital. My doctors tell me this is because I go in for surgery and I am in pain the whole time. I think it is because I have to go an hour away from home to go in the hospital. None of my friends can make it to visit me so I spend much of my time alone. My IV...
  10. C

I Have Cystic Fibrosis

When I was born I was actually very healthy. No one expected that I would have CF. I stayed in the hospital for the regular days of a newborn and went home when I was old enough. I few months, two to be exact, I started coughing and stopped breathing during the night. My mother got worried and...