Search results

1. A

Did you always know you wanted one?

So the time has come I have to decide if I want a transplant. Of course it's always been in the way way way back of my mind, but I've never given it thought until I had to, which is now. My health has taken a pretty drastic turn in the past few months and now I have to let my doctors know...
  2. A

Respirtech jacket

I recently got a new jacket. I'd always used a black one but thought I'd try something different and got a colored one. I feel it's not doing as good a job as the black one; it's not as tight and I don't feel like it gets the upper lobes as much. To those using the Incourage, do you use a...
  3. A

Respirtech jacket

I'm between sizes of the Respirtech jacket and have no idea if I should use the smaller or larger size (they told me it's personal preference). They sent me both but I don't know which to use. Anyone else between sizes, and did you go up or down a size? Thanks!
  4. A

Nac

I've been taking NAC for the past 4 years or so and feel like it's made a big difference in the way I feel. I get it from PharmaNAC, the brand recommended to take based on the Stanford studies. Unfortunately, they reformulated the formula and flavors recently and added sucralose to the...
  5. A

Generic Singulair

Thanks for your response. :) Turns out, I am allergic to the generic one. The pharmacist told me there are fillers/additives/binders in it that the real Singulair doesn't have. I'm back to Singulair, and my symptoms are almost gone after one day. Hopefully your son won't have the problems I...
  6. A

Generic Singulair

My most recent refill of Singulair is in its generic form, which I read was just approved by the FDA. But for some reason, my symptoms (tightness in chest) have come back as if I'm not even taking it. I'd been getting the regular Singulair for over a year and loved it, but I feel this generic...
  7. A

NAC on back order

Thanks for that site, but they're out until mid-August as well. Seems like I'll just have to go without for a while! Thanks for your help. And nope, I'm not in 345, I just like those numbers!
  8. A

NAC on back order

I started taking NAC a couple months ago and really like it and notice a difference taking it. PharmaNAC has been on backorder and now are completely out of it for 2 more weeks and I've run out. Does anyone know where I can get some in the meantime?
  9. A

neb machine

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>saveferris2009</b></i> I gave up on my PARI compressors and upgraded to an Invacare Mobileaire for the exact reasons you are posting. It's a bigger device and a bit louder, but man does it work well. You can adjust the PSI, and it...
  10. A

Vest and postural drainage

Has anyone tried their vest while in a postural drainage position? Just wondering if there would be a benefit, or does the vest do a good enough job without? I did postural drainage and percussion up until I went to college and responded well to it, but haven't done it since then (almost 20...
  11. A

Vest and postural drainage

Has anyone tried their vest while in a postural drainage position? Just wondering if there would be a benefit, or does the vest do a good enough job without? I did postural drainage and percussion up until I went to college and responded well to it, but haven't done it since then (almost 20...
  12. A

Question about vest fitting

See, that's my concern also. It just never gets tight enough so I don't feel like it's doing its job as well as the black one. I think I'm going to go back to what worked well for 10 years! Thanks for your response.
  13. A

See, that's my concern also. It just never gets tight enough so I don't feel like it's doing its job as well as the black one. I think I'm going to go back to what worked well for 10 years! Thanks for your response.
  14. A

Did the RT fit you for a colored washable vest or a vinyl black one (old version)? The pressure is the highest it can be on the new vest, so I can't increase that. I like that I can do my inhaled meds with it (the old one feels so tight it's hard to take deep breaths), but I just want to make...
  15. A

Did the RT fit you for a colored washable vest or a vinyl black one (old version)? The pressure is the highest it can be on the new vest, so I can't increase that. I like that I can do my inhaled meds with it (the old one feels so tight it's hard to take deep breaths), but I just want to make...
  16. A

I've been using the new colored vest from Hill-Rom and it really is comfy. I tried my old vest again and it was sooo tight on me when inflated, part of me thinks the new vests aren't really doing their job. I called Hill-Rom and told them this, and they said it's all personal preference to which...
  17. A

I've been using the new colored vest from Hill-Rom and it really is comfy. I tried my old vest again and it was sooo tight on me when inflated, part of me thinks the new vests aren't really doing their job. I called Hill-Rom and told them this, and they said it's all personal preference to which...
  18. A

Nebbing questions

Thanks for responding. I'll try holding my breath at the top--I've never tried that.
  19. A

Nebbing questions

Thanks for responding. I'll try holding my breath at the top--I've never tried that.
  20. A

Nebbing questions

I was wondering if I could get some tips on how to get the most out of my nebs. I do so many but for some reason, I don't feel like I'm getting the most out of them. Maybe it's because I'm not taking deep enough breaths, or that I'm doing them with the Vest (which I'd never done before I read...