Search results

1. A

Family Loss

So hard to believe. This morning our family lost it's youngest member. My younger brother Robert died unexpectedly. Everybody in the family expected me to die because I've been so sick the last 4 mos. It is a real shock to lose a family member who was supposed to be healthy. We don't know...
  2. A

Un-natural fear?

Hello everybody. I hope this finds all our folks on this site well. I have a bit of a problem, maybe someone can contribute an answer for me. I've been faced with 5 life-threatening illnesses since the beginning of last November. Since then, I think I've developed a fear of dying. I've never...
  3. A

I'm back!

Hello everybody! I don't know if anyone noticed my absence, but, I'm back. My laptop dies back in December. I sent it to my friend in Georgia who fixes computers. Whatever was wrong with it was way beyond my ability to fix. When he got around to fixing it, he ascertained it was un-fixable...
  4. A

Glad to be on the mend

On or about 11/07 I got horribly sick. I was vomiting non-stop; feeling nauseated & just feeling awful. I couldn't even get out of bed to go vomit. Sometime during the night, I aspirated vomit into my lungs. The next day, Becky demanded I get in the truck & go to the hospital in PHX. I spent...
  5. A

Turned 50 yesterday.

Wow... Who'da thunk it? I turned 50 yesterday. It was the best birthday I've ever had. We had a section in my favorite Mexican food restaurant reserved for the party. It had around 30 seats in it. The party started at 1PM. At around 1:15 I got up & started walking to where my former boss was...
  6. A

More GI crap.

Well, here we go again, same chapter, different verse. I just got done with a 5 day stint at Good Samaritan Hospital in PHX. I started running fevers again, along with vomiting every time I tried to eat. After 3 days of inability to keep any food down, the 'Better, More Sensible Half' DEMANDED...
  7. A

Visit with CF Pulmonologist.

Becky & I went to PHX yesterday for an appointment with my CF Pulmonologist. I've had this particular doctor on my medical team for the last 15 or so years. He's really a great doctor & we trust him inherently. The appointment went real good. My PFT's were up 5% since the last time I had them...
  8. A

Mark Fischer & his book.

Does anyone remember a little over a year ago when a young man named Mark Fischer was looking for CF patients to interview for a book he was writing? He interviewed Becky & me via 'Skype' a few times. I tried to get in touch with him a few months back to see how his book was coming along, I...
  9. A

CF- the Thief.

Let me preface this by saying I'm not the type to whine about having CF. I was born with it, that's just the way it is. Not long ago, however, I was thinking how bad CF really sucks. Thanks to my having CF, Becky & I have been robbed of so many things 'Normal' people take for granted. We...
  10. A

Liver issues, continued...

I hope everybody is well & enjoying life to the fullest. I spoke with my transplant coordinator yesterday. I had blood work done so she called me to let me know about my Gengraf levels. All is well. I asked her about my liver numbers, she said they're OK. My problem is this: she also told me...
  11. A

Apology.

Now that everybody seems to have cooled down a bit, myself included; I would like to apologize to everybody involved for language I used on this forum back in late Nov./early Dec. As we all know, there are some subjects that stir emotions to a boiling point. I allowed myself to be overcome & I...
  12. A

ADA violation at 'MasterCuts', Mesa, AZ.

On Monday, 13 Jan. I walked in to the 'MasterCuts' franchise inside Superstition Springs Mall in Mesa, AZ with the intent of getting my hair cut. (Fancy that!) There was one other customer in the store. She was an elderly lady & was getting her hair colored. The fumes from the dye were almost...
  13. A

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to you all. May you have a Happy, Healthy & Uncomplicated 2014.
  14. A

Happy Thanksgiving.

I'd like to take this opportunity to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving. Lord knows we all have much to be grateful for. To those of you in the hospital over this holiday, get better soon & I hope you'll be suckin' down some belated turkey with all the trimmings soon. Our best to you all...
  15. A

Bob Flanagan, CF 'Artist"

Has anyone else seen the documentary titled 'Sick' made by Bob Flanagan? Bob Flanagan was an artist who had CF. He died in 1997. This film is strictly 'Adults Only'. I think this movie would be offensive to most people. Do not allow children to see it. In fact, I am in no way endorsing this...
  16. A

Been home for a week, results from hospital stay.

Here's the latest: my G.I. performed a scope to go in to get the stones & sludge from the common bile duct. She couldn't do it. I'm sure everybody's heard of Diverticulitis. This is when the diverticula become irritated, inflamed, etc. I'm one of the few that has diverticula in the small...
  17. A

'Man Purse'

Having CF, especially if you have CF & diabetes, means you have to carry a lot of 'personal items' at all times. I'd like all the guys out there to let us know how you do it. Spouses & GF's are welcome to tell us what their Significant Other carries. Personally, I carry a Maxpedition Jumbo...
  18. A

That didn't last long.

One of the docs just walked in. He advised me the test they just ran a little while ago (an MRIC or something like that) shows that I have biliary 'rocks & sludge' again. That's more than likely the root of my problem. He gave me a choice: I can either stay in the hospital for one more day...
  19. A

Gettin' out today!

Yee-Haw! I'm getting out of the hospital today. They've done tons of tests. Now they're thinking the cause of the fever is CMV. CMV is a virus I caught from my donor. I had a flare-up once, back in '06. I was a sick puppy then, not so much this time. I guess it's pretty hard to diagnose this...
  20. A

Time to go to the hospital, again.

Just great... I think I mentioned I've been having fevers every now & again. Well, it's gone from 'every now & again' to, 'way too frequent'. In fact, I had a fever last Saturday & Sunday both. I called my CF doctor today & he told me to go to the E.R. STAT. I told his nurse 'No'. If I went...